So im building a strat and im unsure what I want my neck to be like and what pickups so tomorrow im going to Sam ash on a research mission. I am planning on playing many guitars as well as asking some questions and asking for help yet im not making a large purchase. So my question is should I give the salesman who helps me a $50strat tip or what?
MY GEAR:
Epiphone Sheraton 2
Takamine Jasmine J33?
60's J bass copy (trying to sell or trade)
fender mustang 1
Victoria Regal II
big muff
seed of life overdrive

"We make music for hipster strippers" Dan Auerbach
Just tell him you're making your own guitar and you'd like to get a feel for what you want it to be. If they tell you to piss off try another shop.
I don't know if your guys shops are different, but every store I've been to have never gave me any trouble taking a guitar off the wall, playing it and pretty much do what ever I want. They should have no problem with you testing out guitars to see which neck you prefer.
Ask them questions, its what they get paid for. Just dont play Stairway and they shouldn't kick you out.
theres a shop in my city thats really dumb. touch a guitar and you get analy probed with a red hot fire stoker. now how are you supposed to know what you want if you cant see how it plays? i just dont understand.
There is no need for a tip. I go to family owned Guitar shop and know I can take anything off the wall to play it I want. Regardless of the fact that I have done close to $10000 in business with them and all the guitars, amps, effecdts, cords and picksI use I buy from him. Sometimes in a Sam Ash you'll get a very knowledgable guy who knows what he's talking about, other times you will not.

I hope that helps.
Gibson Les Paul Classic
Fender Stratocaster (Mexican)
Hagstrom Ultra Swede
Music Man Axis Sport
The issue is the majority of the guitars are out of reach and out of time plus the ones ill be testing sound wise are in this enclosed area and are the pricer axes I plan on playing aroused 15 or so? That's alot for what I've seen people do especially if they aren't buying
MY GEAR:
Epiphone Sheraton 2
Takamine Jasmine J33?
60's J bass copy (trying to sell or trade)
fender mustang 1
Victoria Regal II
big muff
seed of life overdrive

"We make music for hipster strippers" Dan Auerbach