Hey guys, just wondering - is it normal for ESP LTD EC-1000's to be going for like, $700USD? I am from Australia and just curious cause they're still around 1200AUD for us.
Never heard or seen fake LTD's, so was just wondering.

Thanks.
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
Yea, I'm pretty sure that's usual. The prices in Australia are always ass rapingly high compared to the US.
I want to punch my dick. I hate these Australian prices.
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
Sorry to say but around here they go for about $500 on CL, would be over paying at $700 (unless it's new).
... *tears*.
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
Quote by Ghold125
Sorry to say but around here they go for about $500 on CL, would be over paying at $700 (unless it's new).
or its a Floyd Rose
someone should find me a white/black/vintage black ec-1000 going for cheap somewhere in America, i have checked the USA eBay and they're a few.
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
Bear in mind that shipping guitars from the US can be exceedingly expensive, and if you go into a decent guitar store you can usually get a pretty good deal. Now don't get me wrong, I'm totally not a fan of our Aussie prices for things, but there are other factors. I've got a prestige Ibanez which the RRP is $2199 or so, US price was around $1299. Add in the ~$300 for case/shipping + more even for GST and the price jumps up a fair amount. I walked into a guitar store, asked them what price they could do the Ibby for and I bought it for $1699 (which also helps support our local dealers).

My 2c...
. . ▄████▄ . ▄███▄
. █████████▀ . . . . . . . . . . . . ▄▄
.███▌█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█▐███▄▄
. ████████▄ . . . . . . . . . . . . . º º º º º º º
. . ▀████▀. ▀██▀
Yeah, that's true. But i highly doubt i'd be able to pick up what i'm looking for, for $700. I am looking at around 100-130USD shipping if i buy from an American eBay store.
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
Well if you think it's trustworthy then go for it. Make sure there's a hard case for shipping of course, and just beware of changing costs. I actually bought a guitar online once with a shipping price of only $60 (from the US). I got emailed 2 days later saying the shipping cost would actually be $300 and something, and that I could either pay the difference or get a refund.

I got a refund. I don't really want to pay that much for shipping, personally anyway. Luckily this was a reputable site, and not just a random eBay user.

My only other tip would be to keep an eye on the local used market. Particularly the forum at bmusic as those guys tend to all be ESP (or caparison) enthusiasts. Could probably get a really good EC if you hold out for a bit and try your luck.
. . ▄████▄ . ▄███▄
. █████████▀ . . . . . . . . . . . . ▄▄
.███▌█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█▐███▄▄
. ████████▄ . . . . . . . . . . . . . º º º º º º º
. . ▀████▀. ▀██▀
Haha, that is mental! What a jip.

I will check out that forum, thanks heaps man. I've wanted an Eclipse since i first picked up a guitar and my chances of getting one are looking brighter. Thanks again.
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.