Why are prs se's so cheap? Any prs guitar is practically divine, they all look so amazing! I don't know much about prs guitars, are the se's like similar to how fenders have squiers and gibsons have epiphones? I've found a lot of se's for around 300 bucks, and am strongly considering getting one but don't know much about them? What are the pros and cons of them? Thanks.
I play the SE Custom and I love it personally, great mix for all around music.
As for the price, it's because SE stands for Student Edition - the specs are lower, they don't use as quality of parts, and they're made in Korea. They're still pretty good guitars for the price though.
They're cheaper because they are made in Korea. I've got no idea if they're any good though but they still look awesome.
Any PRS is a good guitar. Everything but the SE's are made in America (most made in Maryland because the state is amazing). I love PRS gutiars. the SE's sound so nice. dont down then becayse they are made in korea. Schecters are crafted in asia but built in america.
The SE range is made in Korea AFAIK, isn't nearly as high quality as the actual PRS guitars, but therefore much more affordable. The SE range is pretty much what Epiphone is to Gibson, Squier and Fender Mexico to Fender USA, LTD to ESP, G&L Tribute series to G&L and so on.

But IMO they are maybe slighty better guitars than Epiphones, seem overpriced to me though.

Quote by bass94
Schecters are crafted in asia but built in america.

And how the hell is that supposed to work?
Last edited by JesusCrisp at Aug 21, 2011,
Quote by Butt Rayge
$300? ****, I haven't even seen the SE's for less than $1500.

I have a SE Singlecut that I bought used in mint condition for $350. I've never seen a SE go for $1500. The top end for an SE is about $1000. IMO there is no comparison between an Epiphone and a SE. I'd take the SE every time.
I did some research after saying that and I thinkt he top price for one was close to $1400 and the lowest was around $600. The prices in Australia are bloody ridiculous.
Quote by bass94
Any PRS is a good guitar. Everything but the SE's are made in America (most made in Maryland because the state is amazing). I love PRS gutiars. the SE's sound so nice. dont down then becayse they are made in korea. Schecters are crafted in asia but built in america.

Shut up. Seriously.

SEs are very very good guitars for the money if you buy them 2nd hand.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
The PRS SE line is one of the best quality budget guitars around.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by bass94

Both build in the same plant, PRS have higher QC tough.
It's a Korean guitar. If you are going for a guitar in that price range, don't overlook other Korean guitars just because it's a PRS, you be cheating yourself out of options. Despite all the hype, I find the PRS SE line pretty much comparable with Schecter and Samick, nothing really special, just a solid low-mid range guitar for the guitarist on a tight budget.
Quote by n1ckn1ce
Both build in the same plant, PRS have higher QC tough.

And your an idiot too.

Shut up.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by n1ckn1ce
ehh.. why exactly?

He's probably referring to the fact that you claim the Korean PRS has better quality control without providing any facts to back that claim. Basically, your statement is nothing more than fanboy non-sense until you back it up.

I've personally played a bunch of Korean guitars in that price range, and I have to say, they all seem to be very similar in build quality. The biggest difference you will see is going to be hardware and electronics. As far as quality control is concerned, I don't see a difference in that area either.
I heard this on few site, wich i9 agree isnt really a reliable source. but i also tried a bunch of Schecter and PRS SEs, all from korea and the shecters had some flaws... while the PRS not. So i guessed the internet was right on this one.
Made in Korea, some of the parts aren't as good quality, and the woods aren't such high grades, but they're still awesome guitars and are very well made
Hi! I'm Andrew, and when I have a bubble in my throat I sound like Alan Rickman!

I have the BEST Jizz Face on UG!

My YouTube Channel (slowmotion stuff!): www.youtube.com/wannabeguitarlegend
I've got an SE custom 24 fret with a tremolo and it's decent. I think I paid around £450 for it last year and it's been great. I use .9 gauge strings and can get them down to drop C on it without having to adjust anything, so that suits me.

My friend thought I'd messed about with the tensions in the springs and stuff in order to do that, but I didn't have to do anything. Very good guitars.
You Just Lost The Game
Yeah if you get them used they are great. I have a SE Custom trem, stays in tune really well. Nice fretboard, well built, pretty nice stock pups although the neck one is a bit flat. My pots started crackling after a bit but after replacing them it's all good.
#ENTITLED
WENGER OUT!!!

lastfm