Page 1 of 19
Post some stuff that you think a lot of people on this site won't agree with.

Mine is thinking Lil B is the smartest artist active today, and thinking that Merzbow is a great musician.

Note -- The last two thread on this topic where locked because of people arguing. Can we try not to do that here? I'm genuinly curious for people's answers. Basically, this.
Avenged Sevenfold writes great songs
Schecter C-1 Elite-->BOSS ME-20-->B-52 AT100 2x12

Quote by laid-to-waste
Extremely attractive woman.
extremely attractive
oh baby
EDIT: you're a guy. shit.
...an extremely attractive guy.
extremely attractive
oh baby

E-Paramour of Andrea55
Local music usually sucks.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Jazz is the source for many of the most influential figures in music, and it's simply where it's at.
Taylor Swift is TOTALLY AWESOME
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
That Noel Gallagher isn't a douche. (I don't actually think this, but it would be unpopular...)

Also, that Metalcore is generally shitty music, and there's nothing Metal about it.
Last edited by crazysam23_Atax at Aug 21, 2011,
Learning theory might be fun, interesting and a good use of time but It wont help you put more feeling into your playing.
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Also, that Metalcore is generally shitty music

Agreed. Even though I do like one or two metalcore-ish bands. I generally hate metalcore.

I also like really like folk singers with nasally, strange voices like John Darnielle and Jeff Mangum.
Last edited by D&DLover at Aug 21, 2011,
iwrestledabearonce write pretty ingenious music.

EDIT: cue shitstorm.
Last edited by amaranth_todd at Aug 21, 2011,
Quote by Jawlytomtom
Learning theory might be fun, interesting and a good use of time but It wont help you put more feeling into your playing.

I don't think that's at all true. The more insight you have into your ability to create music, the better you will be able to facilitate the music that is in your head onto your tracks and music sheets.

uuuhm...98% of electronic music is absolutely, unapologetically garbage.
Catch me,
heal me,
Lift me back up to the Sun
I choose to live
Quote by Jawlytomtom

....have fun with your pentatonic scales and soulful bends then. i guarantee you every guitar player you like knows tons and tons and tons of theory. All theory can do is make you better.
Quote by Firenze
I don't think that's at all true. The more insight you have into your ability to create music, the better you will be able to facilitate the music that is in your head onto your tracks and music sheets.

Here's another one. Music is best created with 100 percent pure intuition.
I believe that is only an unpopular fact for the top 40 radio stars of any time period
Catch me,
heal me,
Lift me back up to the Sun
I choose to live
I think BTBAM sucks.

Quote by Gyroscope
Radiohead is extremely boring.

Also this and muse.
Sail upon the open skies
Last edited by angusfan16 at Aug 21, 2011,
Quote by amaranth_todd

I wouldn't say ingenious, but they do write some pretty awesome and fun to listen to stuff. It's sad that they get associated with scene kids.
Quote by amaranth_todd

iwresteledabearonce are ****ing sick. It's like Braindrill + Converge + BTBAM
THE SOLE PURPOSE OF THIS SIG IS TO GRAB YOUR ATTENTION TO THIS POST OF UTTER GENIUS
Quote by Firenze

Uh... How much electronic music do you listen to...?
music is not subjective, at least not completely.
Quote by Våd Hamster
Fuck yes you are the best poster ever

do you wanna hear a little piano composition I have just made?, I promise it don't totally sucks, you can hear it on my profile, any feedback would be really appreciated -C4C
Quote by bradulator
Taylor Swift is TOTALLY AWESOME

YES, i could not agree more.
Quote by andras67

I'll agree to an extent.
Sunn O))) is music
THE SOLE PURPOSE OF THIS SIG IS TO GRAB YOUR ATTENTION TO THIS POST OF UTTER GENIUS
Modern hip hop is better than its stylistic predecessor.
Most metal is creatively devoid.
Emo is the best genre in the world.
Kid A is boring.
Most electronic music (I've heard) is terribly contrived. Granted, I haven't listened to a great amount, but I've heard quite a bit.
Post-rock is a generally complacent and boring genre. There are plenty of exceptions, though. Dat same old climax gets on my nerves.
Quote by andras67

The only subjective thing about music is whether or not you like it.
Last edited by due 07 at Aug 21, 2011,
Quote by due 07
Post-rock is a generally complacent and boring genre. There are plenty of exceptions, though. Dat same old climax gets on my nerves.

You bastard.

“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Sigur Rós is one of the good ones. I don't like GY!BE. A dramatic, drawn-out buildup with a tame climax. Boring.
Quote by Grimriffer
Sunn O))) is music

I heard melody, It's music.

Refrigerator music but music non the less.
Purple string dampener scrunchy.
Quote by due 07
Sigur Rós is one of the good ones. I don't like GY!BE. A dramatic, drawn-out buildup with a tame climax. Boring.

Listen to Russian Circles, post metal is where it's at.
Most music is mediocre at best. From a composition point of view, at least half of all professional music is created by people who have no clue what they're doing.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Last edited by Xiaoxi at Aug 21, 2011,
Hope I don't ruin my street cred... Anyway, here goes:

- Avenged Sevenfold is actually a great band and M Shadows is actually a decent vocalist generally speaking, and an amazing vocalist speaking in terms of that bands style.

- Megadeth is more technically talented than Metallica, but not nearly as fun to listen to.

- Ville Valo is possibly the greatest singer ever.

- Ozzy's solo career = Sabbath x 100

- Metalcore isn't that great... yeah...

- Queen is one of the best and most well rounded bands to ever exist. (Around here this seems to be an unpopular opinion.)

- Travis Barker is an awesomely talented drummer.

- Marilyn Manson was/possibly still is an incredibly talented individual, regardless of how much his voice may be failing in recent years.

- The Beatles are over rated. They're great and I have a huge respect for them, but they're just not as great as many people make them out to be.

- Dream Theater won't be nearly as good without Mike Portnoy, and I think Mike is the one who got screwed over in the whole situation.
Last edited by Shawn1379 at Aug 21, 2011,
Quote by Shawn1379
Hope I don't ruin my street cred... Anyway, here goes:

- Avenged Sevenfold is actually a great band and M Shadows is actually a decent vocalist generally speaking, and an amazing vocalist speaking in terms of that bands style.

- Megadeth is more technically talented than Metallica, but not nearly as fun to listen to.

- Ville Valo is possibly the greatest singer ever.

- Ozzy's solo career = Sabbath x 100

- Metalcore isn't that great... yeah...

- Queen is one of the best and most well rounded bands to ever exist.

- Travis Barker is an awesomely talented drummer.

- Marilyn Manson was/possibly still is an incredibly talented individual, regardless of how much his voice may be failing in recent years.

- The Beatles are over rated. They're great and I have a huge respect for them, but they're just not as great as many people make them out to be.

- Dream Theater won't be nearly as good without Mike Portnoy, and I think Mike is the one who got screwed over in the whole situation.

That is not a musically unpopular opinion.