what companies make really nice 7 string guitars for a decently affordable price?
budget - 800-1300 usd
thanks
Schecter for the most part. Maybe Ibanez.
I can only listen to so many breakdowns and "spoken word" vocals before I wanna puke.

I find Jennette McCurdy attractive, but Elizabeth Gillies and Debby Ryan much more so.

That's enough, Djent people. We get it.
Ibanez, and to a lesser extent Schecter, is generally the go-to brand when it comes 7 stringers. There may be a smaller company or two I haven't heard of which makes better 7 string guitars.

edit: my gut instinct has been that agile is crap, but you'd do better to search through other threads. there's bound to be one focused solely on agile
dont take any guff from these bastards man

Quote by Fenderhippie69
I only smoke when I've been drinking and I only drink when I've been smoking.
Last edited by spiderjerusalem at Aug 21, 2011,
Have you tried looking for them in the review section of the site?
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
LTD/ESP have started getting into the 7 string market a bit too lately. Not sure on prices though, as stated above Schecter is likely the direction you will have to go.
Agile generally gets good recommendations around here. They might be worth looking into just because of the features they have.
NOW PART OF THE

Quote by Robchappers
You are epic my friend ;-)
Quote by RU Experienced?
At this point I'd be more surprised if you found me a Christian children's entertainer that didn't sodomize and eat kids.
the only thing im concerned about with agile is their floyd roses arent originals, so i dont know about that
Quote by RUMPLED4thSKIN
the only thing im concerned about with agile is their floyd roses arent originals, so i dont know about that

They're german made licensed floyds though IIRC, they're rather nice. I own a Interceptor Pro 727 and the FR is pretty good. Albeit slightly worn down because I bought it used, it's fine.
Quote by RUMPLED4thSKIN

If you're shopping on a limited budget, you're going to have to make some compromises somewhere.

Even though the FRs aren't originals, they should still be more than adequate for most people, and bear in mind that once you've bought the guitar, something like that can be upgraded in the future.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Quote by RUMPLED4thSKIN
Actually, they're not even LFRs anymore, the new batch of Interceptors coming out in September has S2000's on them, which are actually made by Floyd Rose. I love my Agile, would highly recommend one especially with cheap shipping costs in the US.
Reference: http://www.rondomusic.com/interceptorpro725ebtribalpurple.html
Last edited by Pat_s1t at Aug 21, 2011,
I dont like agiles or ibanez's, played both not for me.

id say go with a schecter or a ltd. The ltd mh-417 is a great guitar, i personally lust for the schecter blackjack c7 atx. Both are well within your price range and great guitars. good luck.
-Peavey 6505+
-Bugera 333xl(w/6l6 pt's) -dead
-412 X-pattern loaded w/ WGS veteran30s & HM75s
-Gibson Les Paul, SD Blackouts *being worked on back to stock*
-Jackson DR7, EMGs
-LTD MH417
-Peavey Vyper 75w
the esp ltd stephen carpenter is the go to 7 string for a shit ton of people so maybe thats worth a look at. they also make a lot of other ones; i personally like the h-1007, very sexy.
my stuff:
schecter c-1+
ibanez rg3exfm1
schecter avenger 7-string with emgs
esp/ltd mh-50
peavey 6505+ 112 combo
tc electronic polytune
way huge green rhino
mxr micro flange
mxr smart gate
dunlop crybaby
i currently have an ESP h-1001
i just want to get a 7 string, the stephen carpenter i know is huge, i just dont like the pickup placement, and i dont really want to get a signature guitar. but thats just me lol. i was looking at an Ibanez 7 string prestige, so thats gotta be pretty good, because i know J-custom is the only thing up from prestige. i just need opinions.
For 1300 I think you could get a Carvin. I've heard nothing but good things about them.
Divider (Prog/Ambient Metal)

Guitars:
LTD TE-202
Schecter Sunset Extreme
Ibanez RG7321 w/ Crunch Lab & LiquiFire
Tanglewood Acoustic
Epiphone Acoustic (The Junker)