Page 1 of 2
Searchbarred for 5 or so pages, no threads found so lets start this up!
So pit, have any of you crazy people ever contemplated running away from where you live at any point in life? Even if you were to die after a while because of lack of necessities?
post away.
Did it, kinda liked it, stopped being angsty, came back
>>-(ಠ_ಠ-<<
>>-(. Y .)-<<
>>> . (<<<
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote by dudetheman
Dude, your fucking sig creeps me out.

Quote by Kosh H
I just noticed his sig too...I feel uncomfortable now...

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Your sig killed my boner _

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL
My parents took away my Xbox away so I braved the Canadian wilderness instead of living in that hellhole. I faked my death and moved to Arizona.
Yup. When I was like 13, I had an incredibly in-depth plan (well, being 13) for running away from home. I think everyone's thought about it, but I almost came close to doing it.
Didn't run away, got kicked out back in September. Moved in with a friend, had a job, had food and drugs. Life was SO good I essentially stopped going to school, then I grew up and stopped being a bitch about curfews, moved back, and now I'm college.

But that month will be remembered.
Poop.

Yes, poop.
While not technically running away, I stayed with friends for several months because my fathers a really bad person and I can't live my mother.

But now I live with my grandfather and everythings great, I never have to really see my dad again.

I dunno, can you consider house-jumping back and forth between friends/people you know running away? I didn't contact my father for almost 6 months. Still didn't change his ways ven though it should be obvious he lost his son..
nah free place to stay and free food is fine enough for me to have to listen to rules

doesnt mean i dont dream everyday of having a good enought job to move out and pay for schoolin
Quote by TheAbsentOne
While not technically running away, I stayed with friends for several months because my fathers a really bad person and I can't live my mother.

But now I live with my grandfather and everythings great, I never have to really see my dad again.

I dunno, can you consider house-jumping back and forth between friends/people you know running away? I didn't contact my father for almost 6 months. Still didn't change his ways ven though it should be obvious he lost his son..

Yeah, that still fits the definition of running away I guess.
I camped out in my backyard for like an hour when I was a kid because my mom/dad wouldn't buy me Spyro.
Quote by MakinLattes
I ran away for a week. It sucked, probably because I went to San Jose.

You ran away from San Francisco to San Jose!? WTF!?
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
I had to move back with my parents recently. Every day I tell my mother that I'm going to run away into the woods forever. She tells me, "good" and asks why the hell I haven't gotten out of her house yet.

There isn't even really a forest around here
Quote by dullsilver_mike
I had to move back with my parents recently. Every day I tell my mother that I'm going to run away into the woods forever. She tells me, "good" and asks why the hell I haven't gotten out of her house yet.

There isn't even really a forest around here

Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Did it, lived on the streets of london for a good 6 months feeling like a rich homeless person. Moved in with a friend, cleaned myself up and never looked back.

If you're seriously considering it, all i'm saying is don't bother doing it. There are a lot more harsher truths than people care to know about.
Neo Evil11
Quote by jambi_mantra
They let black people on Fox now?

They also let white people into the KFC and the NBA now.
Back when I was something like 15 I ran away from home. Long story, but basically my mom just died then and everything just kind of fell apart. My dad really didn't have his **** together; he was too busy screwing around with his new girlfriend. Thinking back, I don't regret what I did, but it still wasn't enough. It really hurt my dad that I would actually rather put myself through that than live in that house.

I lived in a homeless shelter for a few epic days, then moved to a group home for kids my age; I liked the food in the homeless shelter quite a bit actually, and the people there were rather... eye-opening I'll say. Didn't like the group home as much; they had enough little rules that I found myself breaking them by complete accident a few times. A total of a week went by until I went back home, and it was good for awhile.

Then about a year later I took off again, for about a year this time, for pretty much the same reasons as last time. Except this time my father wanted both my brother and I to actually move in with his girlfriend. I promised myself that I would never let that happen to me long ago, so I left. I lived at a friend's house with his insane mother for about 6 months, then into a foster home for the other 6. I have to say, going through that kind of stuff seriously changes a person.

About half a year after moving back after the foster home, into his girlfriend's house it was once again good for awhile. At this point they were broken up- good riddance- but still actually trying to live with each other. A few months of that, I moved out again because they would just flip out over dumb things all the time and I haven't lived with my dad since- and that move was at the end of July 2009, I believe.

I am happy to say I have been in contact and in good relations with my dad for about a year and a half now, and we both understand what was going on at the time, long story short.

If you're thinking of running away, you have to ask yourself if it is really worth it. This is something you NEED to have a plan for, or you'll end up on the street and that is NOT a good idea by any stretch. If you are under 18 and have no job, you still need to make sure you have all your necessities in check or you're not going to last long at all. If you are just angry at your "authority figure" you need to figure out if this is something you can fix, or if you are better off living in... some crazy situations you usually only see on TV. Believe me, you'll meet all kinds of hardcore MF'ers, some of which are actually certifiably crazy, or you'll find yourself in drastic situations where you NEED to act fast and make the right decision or everything will just turn into a living hell and there is nothing you can do about it. It's's a rather intense way to live if you are REALLY serious about it. It's also a great way to cut back on your life expectancy and possibly even traumatize you for A LONG ASS TIME, and that is the truth. If your current situation honestly sounds like those last two sentences already, then, and only then, would I recommend running away.

Brutal times man, brutal times. In my case the problem was more related to the death of a loved one initially, then later on it was more about a rebound relationship full of emotional abuse and neglect. Basically I couldn't deal with it all, and neither could my dad, so I left. Sound appealing?
Quote by Jesus
Gaza Strip- home. At least it was before I fucked ereythang up...
Nah, I like the free food and housing too much :P
You want some more seeneyj hate? WELL YOU CAN'T HAVE IT

You're all a bunch of f*cking slaves! - Jim Morrison

UG Awards
1st: Biggest Ego
1st: Most Likely To Become Famous
1st: Most Pretentious User
When I was 8 I imagined filling a big plastic toybox with food from the cupboard (thinking it would last me forever), running away to the massive foresty backyard of one of the nearby rich person's houses, chopping down trees and building a house there
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
When I was 7 my dad locked me out of the house by accident so I decided to run away and live in the park that night. I picked the park because it was my favorite place near our house and people fed the ducks there so I thought I could pretend to be a duck and get food too. And I knew that people lived in the park

I only stayed there for 2 hours though. It was a lot scarier at night and they turned all the lights off on weekdays to save energy and there were bats everywhere.

When I got home my dad didn't even know I was gone
cat
Done it. Don't want to go into details. Needless to say it was the kick up the arse I needed at the time.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
No, not at all. My parents have been caring and understanding albeit they did set a few insanely unfair rules, but that's life.

I'm moving on Thursday though, and will be spending a good portion of the following nine months away from home, and then moving back for the summer break. After that, I'm moving abroad to study computer engineering in England somewhere for a good three or four years.
ERROR 0x45: Signature not found
Last edited by sfaune92 at Aug 21, 2011,
Quote by homeless-john
I probably considered it when I was a typical angsty teen. But then I would've got McCain Smiles for my dinner, and I ****ing love those things.

homeless-john, you aren't homeless!
Call me Chris
Quote by jimihendrix6699
had a blast until the person in front of me whipped out his dick and started pissing all over the floor..

Ducks and guitars or fish and guitars. I lead a simple existence
When I was around 12 my middleschool head threatened to get me and a friend suspended from school for sticking messages on people's backs. We planned to run away if we got suspended. But we didn't, and the principal just laughed it off and said "children will be children" so we didn't. But both of us had seriously packed bags and left out our bicycles so we could get out in the middle of the night
Signatureless. And this doesn't count. Because I said so.
I actually filled a bandana with fish hooks, string, crackers, and some cheese, tied the bandana at the end of a stick and ran away when I was about eight years old. I must've looked like Spanky from Our Gang heading out with my hobo pole resting lightly on my shoulder.

I didn't catch any fish, ate the crackers and cheese, cried, and went back home. What a smug little turd I was back then. *ahem*
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Sadly this is Ultimate-guitar, not Simple-guitar. We can't help you.

Yep. Donated all of my money to OXFAM, went to Alaska and set up camp in an abandoned bus. Changed my name to "supertramp". It was an amazing experience.
Quote by Kamikaze1014
I camped out in my backyard for like an hour when I was a kid because my mom/dad wouldn't buy me Spyro.

This. I think it was even a video game I wanted. I went inside after my mom called me in for dinner.

She thought I was playing hide & seek with my brothers

That was when I was like 7. Never thought about it again. Life is good.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
basically, right now. but not from home, moreso from this city. and the people in it. not my family though.

i have $3000. a car. ive no doubt i could drive away, get a job, and keep making money. whilst living in nothing.

maybe ill do it, havent decided yet
Quote by Weaponized
My parents took away my Xbox away so I braved the Canadian wilderness instead of living in that hellhole. I faked my death and moved to Arizona.

How old was that kid again?
Quote by darkstar2466
You ran away from San Francisco to San Jose!? WTF!?

I wasn't really thinking at the time. I was in Sunnyvale for the most part.
Last edited by MakinLattes at Aug 21, 2011,
Run, amigo. Find a nice bridge and settle under it.
THE SOLE PURPOSE OF THIS SIG IS TO GRAB YOUR ATTENTION TO THIS POST OF UTTER GENIUS
I did when I was about 9. I don't remember why I attempted to run away, but my mom thought I wasn't being serious (of course I was, goddammit). Not ten minutes later she found me (by foot, for some reason) and brought me back home. A few hundred yards away from where I was at that moment.

I stopped being a little bitch after that.

Quote by WCPhils
That was when I was like 7. Never thought about it again. Life is good.
Boring, but good.
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: Duke Ellington

I'm sick and tired of people calling America the stupidest country in the world. I personally think Europe is the stupidest country.
Last edited by Wolfinator-x at Aug 21, 2011,
Quote by Wolfinator-x

Boring, but good.

exactly
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
metabolicmaggot did it and accepted donations from us along the way (Invalid img)

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

I haven't done it before, but if I were to do it now, I wouldn't make it because of necessities, but as a kid, you could obviously pull it off, because eventually the police will find you and bring you back home.

But yeah, I have contemplated it numerous times without acting on it, when under particularly larger amounts of stress.
Page 1 of 2