Page 1 of 2
.. are these-

yep, a pair of new guitars came my way over the last 2 months. both of which came from the land of japan at some stage.

first we have the firebird.

an 80's MIJ Burny lawsuit Firebird.
the 3 pickup situation is absolutely fantastic. the toggle is a 6 way switch (like a gearbox) giving me every imaginable combination. has a thin twang on the middle settings, or a thick classic rock chunk in the others. lacking a little condition, but it is all original with only a few surface marks.

the other is a strat.

a 80's MIJ '68 Reissue Fender Stratocaster (modified by me)
i never owned a strat. now i do. i like it, lots. i still like buckers more, but its a pretty good sound anyway
non-export model pickups (apparently better) were placed on switches to give the 7 sound modes that everyone loves.
plays really smooth, looks even smoother.

i got some new amps and pedals too, check ggna.
mojostompboxes.com
Sir...I want your twin...and your firebird
Fender Lone Star Stratocaster
Schecter C-1 Classic
Schecter C-1 SH
Peavey VK112
Line 6 Pod X3 Live
Boss OS-2
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Are the American-made Fenders better than Japanese-made? I don't know much on the japan models, just wondering.
I have no sig, and neither do I want one.
Quote by jimmydvn
Are the American-made Fenders better than Japanese-made? I don't know much on the japan models, just wondering.

never played an american so not sure. i hear the non-export ones are comparable though.
mojostompboxes.com
i want to kick you in your scrotum and take those.

actually japan is great for a lot of guitars/gear. great quality and usually cheap. well not since yen sky rocketed, but still.
If I had more money I would happily become a Burny collector extending my current collection of 1 Burny LP.

I think a Burny firebird would be at the somewhere at the top of my list and this is a great example. Time to pop to your profile for a listen me thinks of how she sounds.
Burny LG75-GR
Epi SG Pro 1966 Ltd Ed
PRS Angelus SE Custom

Korg Pandora effect unit (for practising)
Slash CryBaby
Blackstar HT-5
Korg RC2 Looooooper
you. make me very jealous. I love your firebird and your rocker.

one day i'll have enough money for this
Gibson Firebird 70s Tribute
Orange TH30
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Big Muff Pi
nice mij for the win
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
First off, great camera! Secondly, man, I'm jealous as hell. I'm a CIJ Fender nut, myself.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
What is your address and when do you typically work?

Nice guitars man
Quote by Boonnoo666
Another factor that has grown this myth is a bunch of opinionated guys who really don't know what they're talking about, which to be brutally honest is a bunch of you guys on here.
The firebird is freaking gorgeous. Do want!
Gear
Bugera 6262 Head
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
Ibanez RGA 121 Prestige
ESP LTD DJ600
Fender USA Stratecaster
Maxon O808
TC Electronic Flashback Delay
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss T-U3 Tuner Pedal
how does one "giggle" a school girl?
The illegality of cannabis is outrageous, an impediment to full utilization of a drug which helps produce the serenity and insight, sensitivity and fellowship so desperately needed in this increasingly mad and dangerous world.
- Carl Sagan
Up the butt. ^
Michael Kelly Patriot limited
Michael Kelly Vex nv
PRS CE24

Tube Screamer
Zakk wylde od
Boosta Grande
Crybaby

Valve Jr
Peavey Windsor
Fender Blues Jr NOS
2x12 cab GBack

Bugera V22
Carvin Legacy

Vintage Rogers Drumset
Pearl ELX
it's like there is a wormhole in australia to the 70's in japan.

did they even have schoolgirls back then?

I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
nice!
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Tru fax. Japan makes guitars better than anyone.

HNGD. Enjoy
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
Tru fax. Japan makes guitars better than anyone.

HNGD. Enjoy

agreed. fux the US.
mojostompboxes.com
I live in Japan, but I can never afford those guitars you have.

I need to muster up some cash to actually buy something MIJ especially since I live here.

Awesome guitars btw, and HNGD on yer Greco.

IMO Japan has better quality guitars than girls. But that's just me.
Last edited by Syriel at Sep 2, 2011,
"are you series you bought another one?!?"

mojostompboxes.com
Last edited by greeny23 at Sep 8, 2011,
damn nice guitars man. you must really enjoy making people jealous as f*ck
^^ nice
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
would sure like to see more of that tele, looks great so far. personally hoping for some serious mojo on it.

i am not saying i would't want to see any school girls by any means...
Quote by gregs1020
would sure like to see more of that tele, looks great so far. personally hoping for some serious mojo on it.

i am not saying i would't want to see any school girls by any means...

I should hopefully have it in my paws next week for more photos
mojostompboxes.com
awesome
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
There goes one more person I don't like...
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

well quit ****ing around and get a yamaha sg.

do it right or quit doing it lol.
Page 1 of 2