So I've just found a used ad for a 1989 Ibanez RG560, which the guy has put a lovely custom paint scheme on, for £399. Should I snap this up, or leave it and keep saving?
My stuff

Gibson Les Paul Studio
Ibanez ADC120
Tanglewood TGRF VS
Blackstar HT20
Roland Micro Cube
Quote by lfcagger
So I've just found a used ad for a 1989 Ibanez RG560, which the guy has put a lovely custom paint scheme on, for £399. Should I snap this up, or leave it and keep saving?

Just did a quick search on ebay, and found a few which were listed with a starting price significantly lower than that but still didn't get any bids. That says to me that at £399 this guitar is a bit over-priced.
It depends how much the custom paint scheme is worth to you. Try negotiating a price with him, if you can talk him down to about £350 you're probably getting a good deal, at £399 you're paying quite a lot extra for the paint job.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Quote by GaryBillington
Just did a quick search on ebay, and found a few which were listed with a starting price significantly lower than that but still didn't get any bids. That says to me that at £399 this guitar is a bit over-priced.
It depends how much the custom paint scheme is worth to you. Try negotiating a price with him, if you can talk him down to about £350 you're probably getting a good deal, at £399 you're paying quite a lot extra for the paint job.

Right, I guess that's fair enough. He says it would need a bridge adjustment too, so I guess I'll just leave it.
My stuff

Gibson Les Paul Studio
Ibanez ADC120
Tanglewood TGRF VS
Blackstar HT20
Roland Micro Cube
I dunno, 560's are pretty rare - you see lots of 550's though.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Isn't that around $650 USD?

That's pretty damn expensive for a 560. You can get them for as little as $150-$200 here in the states if you're lucky.
Then again I have no idea what the used market is like across the pond.