I'm completely new to gear customising, however I figured it'd be good to ask if anyone has heard of or has done this.

I've googled it and it came up with this - http://www.glab.com.pl/true_bypass_wah-pad_en

This seems to be basically what I want, but I don't really wanna spend any cash on it (poor student)

Anyway, back to what I'm asking:

Is there anyone who knows how I could go about installing an on/off switch underneath the top of the pedal? I'm assuming that the power would still continue on through it and not affect the signal from the guitar reaching the amp, but I just hate the tone the wah pedal gives me when I don't want to use it.

Sorry for the long and vague description, I don't really know where to start
you could just turn the pedal off? no? I'm sure the signal wouldn't be coloured that much that its as noticeable as you describe
Last edited by gurg06 at Aug 21, 2011,
The problem with turning the pedal off is that it would then require me to stop playing, unplug the leads, then plug my guitar into the next effect. Kind of problematic mid song and also when using a tube amp. You see what I mean? :p

It is quite noticeable, at least for me anyway.
The problem you are going to run into is the pedal is digital. I'm not sure how they bypass it but I'm sure that is digital also.

For true bypass you will need:
1. The pedal always on. Any bypass switching disabled.
2. The input and output of the pedal.

If you want an LED, you will need to know where +9v and ground are.

I think #1 is going to be where you have the problem. They probably use some microprocessor/controller to switch the pedal so it may not be able to be switched to always on. Someone with more programming knowledge might help out a with.
Damn this is gonna be more complicated than it sounds... I will look around and seek some more advice, thanks for your answers at the minute though
Best option with digital pedals is usually to make a little looper box for it. I like them for wahs especially because then you don't have to do that awkward toe-down switch, and you can get an LED on the bypass box so you know when it's on.
Well, yes, this one would be harder than your average true bypass. Without a schematic, I really can't help much more than what I already told you.

As mentioned above. A simple true bypass box would probably be your best bet here. If you have more than one pedal you want to true bypass, think about a multiple loop true bypass strip and kill all your birds with one stone!