Hey guys,

So I have been wanting a full revamp of all my gear for some time now.. I have recently stopped playing but am looking to get back into it and getting some motivation by getting a whole new rig.. So this is what im thinking of buying over the come months..

ESP LTD EC-1000FM (the one with seymour duncans)

Blackstar HT-5

2x12 cab (Possibly Orange but does anyone have any oppinions?)

I currently have a Peavey Vypyr30 and a starter Ibanez.. which isnt really cutting it.. So I am after a pretty versatile setup which will allow me to play a range of music.. from punk/metal to nice cleans and maybe some blues.. all for bedroom practise.

So my questions are,

1. Will that setup give me a versatile range
2. Does anyone know of any international online stores that ship EC-1000's to Australia as I have looked at prices and they are grossly overpriced in aus
3. What type of cab should I buy to go nicely with the HT-5

Thanks in advance.
Quote by srq89
yeah easily, I took on one of my uncles who's suppose to be the strongest in the family and has the hottest wife. Tamed him like my bitch and then wacked off afterward thinking about his wife.

All in all, a very productive day.
Blackstar HT-212 would go good with it, or an orange ppc cab. it should give a good range, maybe to get high gain you may need a pedal infront of it, like a ts. im not sure about the shipping though
My Rig
Fender Blacktop Strat HH MN > Joyo JF-01 Vintage Overdrive > Boss ME50 > Line 6 Spider IV 30

Other Shit
Jim Deacon Acoustic
Yamaha 12 string acoustic

New Amp Fund
£300/700
I dunno about Australia but here there are customs duties and stuff to stop you from doing that. Stuff is expensive in Australia, I guess you probably have to live with that :/ maybe get a cheaper guitar? The setup will be fairly versatile I guess, not personally a fan of the HT5 but plenty of people are - for a whole amp/cab combo...

budget?
genres played?
gigging?
will you buy used?
Have you thought about the EC-401? it has almost the same specs and hardware and is several hundred dollars cheaper.

Look at the Jet City Pico-valve, it is geared twards more Hi-gain music.

Don't you guys have some diecent AU/NZ amp companys? I would look into them as well ( Support the local economy)
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
i'd suggest doing a jet city for your amp. its all tube and i think it will be a little better suited for you. the ht5 is a hybrid. the jet city will allow you a great range of tones but may need a little bit of a boost for metal. so maybe a tubescreamer or a nice OD to give it that extra grit