Hey i've been using a ts-7 for ages (:P) so finally brought a TS-9 and love the sound and boost i get from it on my Vox Night Train just wondering because i know every other guitarist has or uses this trick what settings do you use on the your OD pedal to get the best boost on your dirty channel because i would love it to just to be a bit more powerful for my solos

thanks GXD
Guitars
Epiphone Les Paul
Epiphone SG Special

Amps
HiWatt MaxWatt Gr100
Marshell MG30

Pedals
Digitech Grunge distortion
Digitech EX-7
Dunlop cry baby standard
Jekyll+Hyde Ulitmate Overdrive
Ibanez TS-7
BOSS ME-70
Well, on my rp I use the ts-9 to boost amp models. If I like the amount of gain I have, I just use tone 99 and level 99. If I want more gain, I'll just add some gain to that setting.
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
almost all leads from the 80's was a ts9 on the dirty channel of an amp
For a really chunky sound into my tube b-52 i use the ts9 at o gain 60-70 tone and the level at about 60.
I actually like the TS8 model a little better its got a big low end and a crispy high end without the over mid-boost. What i did though was buy the Ibanez TS9DX and its got a switch from the TS9 to the TS8 to the TS7 and then another hot setting. I will never need another OD pedal.
can't say i just use one setting as it depends on the need of the songs. for live playing i set my dirt channel to my basic rhythm sound and then use the overdrive for a lead tone. as i said the settings vary however i try to group the songs so that i can play them without having to dick around with settings much if at all. (for 2-4 songs) best bet is to experiment and see what works for you.
Drive 2, level 8, tone to taste. I like mine maxed for rhythms, but I'm weird like that....
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
You should turn the knob and find out yourself. Every amp is going to react different to whatever setting someone gives you.
^Yeah, the amp determines almost every aspect.

I use a TS7 with my AC15, and with the Vox I'm working with a ton of treble on tap just from the amp itself, so my tone pot on the TS is almost always 25% or less.
nerd it til it Hz.
>Fender Jagstang / Epiphone SG Special / DIY/GFS Partscaster
>SBN Big Daddy Amp Blaster / Boss OS-2 / Line 6 DL-4 / DIY guitarpcb.com D'Lay
>Vox AC15C1 / Marshall 4x12
Depends on the amp nd if you have enough gain already. I use mine on lead channel as a boost with the drive off completely, level at 2 o clock, and tone at 11 o clock.
Ibanez RG1550 Prestige
Schecter C1 Hellraiser
MIJ Ibanez Pro-line 1550
Takamine eg340c
Peavey 6505+ 112 combo
Ibanez Tubescreamer TS- 9
ISP Decimator
MXR M234 Analog Chorus
DeltaLab Digital Delay
Planet Waves Tuner Pedal
POD HD300