Hi again,

So I'm thinking of getting some pedal connectors to tidy up my pedalboard a bit, and I came across these...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Effects-Pedal-Jack-Connector-6-35mm-Jack-Jack-/390340775303?pt=UK_Guitar_Accessories&hash=item5ae21f8d87#ht_2349wt_1139

Will the quality be bad for the price? Should I get them? If not, can someone recommend me some decent ones? Thanks in advance!
Quote by Jason
Ancient scrolls predict that when Fred Durst and Lil Wayne perform a guitar duet while touching the tips of their penises together, the gates of hell will open and swallow us all.

Hehe.

I know the quality of guitar cables generally goes down the less you pay, but as there isn't actually a cable part of this it probably isn't so much of a risk.

It's a very high rated seller, providing free postage and a 7 day return policy, so if you buy them and they are really bad, you can get your money back.

You don't say if this is for home use only or if you'll be gigging/rehearsing with them though. If it's home use only it's not such a problem, but if you're constantly moving your kit around to rehearsals & gigs you should probably choose to get some higher quality connectors, as they will stand up to more abuse than the cheap ones.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
It's for gigging and rehearsing, so reliability and durability is a must. I think I'll buy higher quality connectors to save myself from the trouble of sending them back. Cheers for the help, very informative post!
Quote by Jason
Ancient scrolls predict that when Fred Durst and Lil Wayne perform a guitar duet while touching the tips of their penises together, the gates of hell will open and swallow us all.

Hehe.

You have to watch buying straight connectors like that. All pedal connectors don't line up straight with each other and you could damage your pedals. Might want to look into the offset ones. These also lock your pedals together so if one moves everything attached to it moves as well so unless you have your pedals secure to the board you run the damage risk as well. Just somethings to consider.
Jackson DK2M w/ EMG 81/60
Ibanez ARZ 800 w/EMG 81/60
B52 AT-100
Marshall 4x12 cab
BBE Sonic Stomp
Boss DD7 Delay
Boss NS2
MXR 10 Band EQ
Polytune
Cheers for the info, offset connectors sound good to me.
Quote by Jason

Hehe.

Quote by dsbcc
You have to watch buying straight connectors like that. All pedal connectors don't line up straight with each other and you could damage your pedals. Might want to look into the offset ones. These also lock your pedals together so if one moves everything attached to it moves as well so unless you have your pedals secure to the board you run the damage risk as well. Just somethings to consider.

+1000000

It's best not to cheap out on your patch cables if you need durability and reliability. The reason they are more expensive is because they are built to last.
Gear
Bugera 6262 Head
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
Ibanez RGA 121 Prestige
ESP LTD DJ600
Fender USA Stratecaster
Maxon O808
TC Electronic Flashback Delay
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss T-U3 Tuner Pedal
So can someone recommend me some connectors? Planet Waves do some nice ones for around £5 which I am considering, is there any better?
Quote by Jason

Hehe.

Quote by Jason

Hehe.

get the offset ones. you can get them to line op if there is a diff in jsck placement.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
if you're willing to pay a fiver a pop you could consider award session or kabl... both use van damme cable and neutrik jacks, nice cables for a reasonable price.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?