Hey everyone, I recently made a drunken stumble and ended up stepping on my acoustic; snapping the neck. It has since been repaired by a trusted luthier in my town but I feel like the "boom" is gone... It was a Seagull MJM6CW.

I have about 1500 to spend on a guitar and Im leaning towards some Breedlove's that Ive played.. Especially a model at my local shop from the Master Class that has a blemish and would be being sold to me "under the table" no warranty... A 6000 CAD value for only $1299.99

Two questions

1. Is this too good to be true? It doesnt seem warped and the blemish is a small scuff on the neck where it meets the body.

2. I play alot of that Andy Mckee, Craig D'Andrea style music and Im looking for a guitar in my price range that has alot of bass presence or maybe I dont really know whats going to suit me... Suggestions?
If it seems too good to be true, it usually is. If they're insisting on no warranty just because of a slight blemish, they obviously know something they aren't telling you.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Quote by GaryBillington
If it seems too good to be true, it usually is. If they're insisting on no warranty just because of a slight blemish, they obviously know something they aren't telling you.

Maybe I should have gone more into detail about that, and this is what has me on the fence about it.

They cant offer a warranty through Breedlove exclusively but they offer one year no hassle on it. This is because Breedlove has a very strict policy they go by in terms of standards.. This one would be a B-Stock guitar, making it so only certified b-stock dealers can handle them...
go play it, and not just for ten minutes, spend at least half an hour with it in the corner of the shop and test everything, the intonation, action, truss rod (neck straightness) and examine the thing properly from the headstock to the tail end strap button also noting the sticker inside with the model number and serials etc on.

if possible on your phone, use the internet and have a proper scour round of that make and model and google detailed pictures of it and compare it to the one in your hands to check it's legitimacy.

if all is well, i don't see no reason to not get it.

good luck with your hunt.
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.