I thought it would be fun to start a thread like this, soon as I can't find anyone like it here.

So basically, post some photo's of ya home studio, if you have one, so we can all have a good gawk at the gear you use Tell us why you own what you own, what you're thinking of adding to it next and anything else you might think would be cool to share.

Even if you think it ain't worth showing, I've seem some pretty Ghetto set-up and besides even if yours is ghetto, it'll still be interesting to look at right?

I'll start off (obviously):

It's not that much at the moment, but it gets the job done really well. So basically this is what's on show:

Speakers: Genelec 8030a'a
Keyboard: M-Audio Keystation 61es
Audio Interface: MOTU 8pre
Computer: 21.5" Intel i3 iMac (don't get to upset about me being a mac owner, I got it real cheap as a refurb)

Feel free to ask any questions Look forward to see what you guys have got.

Btw, if this thread is inappropriate in anyway please let me know before you decide to do anything.
The trouble with democracy is, no matter who you vote for the government always gets in.
Quote by DanBrown93

Computer: 21.5" Intel i3 iMac (don't get to upset about me being a mac owner, I got it real cheap as a refurb)

Hey, whatever blows your horn man. Tough I could just never get used to the fact that you need Steve Jobs personal approval for any song recorded that you want to save to your hard drive.
REGGIE
Quote by LeakyFlask
Hey, whatever blows your horn man. Tough I could just never get used to the fact that you need Steve Jobs personal approval for any song recorded that you want to save to your hard drive.

its not much of a prob

So what set up do you run then?
The trouble with democracy is, no matter who you vote for the government always gets in.
Quote by DanBrown93
its not much of a prob

So what set up do you run then?

Oh, I've been to busy buying instruments to actually get a setup! I just recently borrowed a midi controller from a friend though, which is super nice, because I love me some vintage synth VSTs. I record and mix (to whatever extent I can) and all that business in Reaper. It's a poor mans DAW but for now it does the job. What software are you running?
REGGIE
Quote by DanBrown93

Keyboard: M-Audio Keystation 61es

Although its cheap and dosen't have knobs its the favorite of my 3 keyboards...will contribute to this later with pics...
Here's my setup.

Here's the list:
(2x) KRK RP6 G2 monitors
KRK 10s sub
AKAI MPK49
AKAI MPKmini
Novation Launchpad
Firestudio Mobile

Computer: (Got this for $500 online )
HP i7 920 Quad Core
6GB DDR3 RAM
600GB 7200RPM

I use Ableton Suite 8.2.

Next investment: A bigger desk, lol. Recording gear-wise, I've got money saved up for another purchase, but I honestly don't know what else I really need at this point. Maybe someone has a suggestion?
Quote by LeakyFlask
Oh, I've been to busy buying instruments to actually get a setup! I just recently borrowed a midi controller from a friend though, which is super nice, because I love me some vintage synth VSTs. I record and mix (to whatever extent I can) and all that business in Reaper. It's a poor mans DAW but for now it does the job. What software are you running?

Ah, been suffering from a bit of GAS* have we what are you, a strat or a les paul man?
I actually quite enjoy reaper. Granted as you said, it's a budget DAW but its better then some cubase bundles which are sometimes as infuriating to figure as a rubix cube.
I run logic. Native to mac and a lot less fiddly. Has quite an impressive range of synths with old moog and such presets.

Quote by FireHawk
Although its cheap and dosen't have knobs its the favorite of my 3 keyboards...will contribute to this later with pics...

Yeah that's why I bought it, just a simple midi keyboard as I use just for drums and some basic synth work. For the more 'out there' stuff I use a microkorg, which is just beyond fun to use

@lextexrex

That. Is. Cool. So I'm guessing you record more bluesy roots type music?lol That set up is pretty sick though. And yeah, the desk idea might be a good call. Just for a laugh, check out some of the 'Studio Furniture' that AKA do. http://www.akadesign.co.uk/site_product/proedit/proedit.html
You can look at my studio setup page here:

http://www.goldphoenix.9k.com/Studio.html

(The picture of the rack is old and I've since gotten rid of the EQ and added an ART PRO MPA II Preamp)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
'04 Tony Iommi Signature SG
'66 Harmony Bobkat
Quote by abitofinger
You can look at my studio setup page here:

http://www.goldphoenix.9k.com/Studio.html

(The picture of the rack is old and I've since gotten rid of the EQ and added an ART PRO MPA II Preamp)

seems pretty good. You have a nice collection of guitars. On the very bottom photo, what make is the guitar that's hanging on the wall in the centre of the photo?
Well, maybe this will give me the motivation to tidy my spare room/'home studio' as there is currently little more than a couple square feet of clear floor space and the desk is covered in all sorts

Pictures some time in the near future, assuming I don't encounter some hostile new lifeform that ends my clean-up operation!
Hey, look. Sigs are back.
I just bought a Samsung r480 with an i5 that I want to use for home recording and music production. What would you guys say is the best software to purchase for producing House/Techno/Synth/Dubstep tunes while also being able to record my guitar and bass with the help of my Boss Micro BR?
...it was bright as the sun, but with ten times the heat
Quote by c3powil
I just bought a Samsung r480 with an i5 that I want to use for home recording and music production. What would you guys say is the best software to purchase for producing House/Techno/Synth/Dubstep tunes while also being able to record my guitar and bass with the help of my Boss Micro BR?

Ableton Live, but this thread isn't for asking questions about recording - it is a thread for people to post pictures of their setups...
Thanks. Is there another thread in which this question would be more appropriate?
Well, your best bet is to first read up on a few of the links in this thread, which should be stickied at the top of your page in the Recordings forum anyway

I would suggest you direct any questions to Ableton Live users about how it would suit you here, or by going to the Ableton forums (from their website) and asking people there (or just checking out the website). There are other DAW's too, that might suit your needs - I use Logic Pro 8 (still debating the value of upgrading to 9) and that is also pretty good for sequencing/programming software instruments.

But in the first thread I linked to, you should find links to threads about the sort of stuff you wanna do anyway - Drum programming/sampler thread & Synths/DAW's help/discussion thread.

As for recording, any DAW will do but I suggest a quick read of the Recording FAQ thread before starting a thread asking anything too specific that might be easily answered there.

That's probably the nicest I've been to anyone on here, think yourself lucky you were polite and innocent-sounding
Dude, you are an awesome human being. Thanks for the info.
*flexes ego*

Anyway, as warm as I feel inside for helping, I feel I should try and get this back on track - not strictly my studio itself, but my cab and two of my mics setup (before the DIY acoustic treatment/mass-blanketing over a clothes horse around amp) while tracking guitars for my band's new album...

Hughes & Kettner VC412 (Vintage 30-loaded cab) + SM57 and e906
Last edited by DisarmGoliath at Aug 21, 2011,
Yup: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/42/photofb59fb7c8f39a0e754.jpg/

Recording in my Drummers Garage.

Basically:
Mackie Onyx 1640 16 Channel Live Mixer & Interface
Roland RS-9 Synth
Pro Tools 9 and more plugins than you can throw at it
Custom Built PC with Core i5, 14gb of ram & 1.5tb worth of HD

The drumkit picks up a lot of room and sounds like its being recorded in a garage. Its the sound everyone likes so were going with it.
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp
Quote by lockwolf
Yup: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/42/photofb59fb7c8f39a0e754.jpg/

Recording in my Drummers Garage.

Basically:
Mackie Onyx 1640 16 Channel Live Mixer & Interface
Roland RS-9 Synth
Pro Tools 9 and more plugins than you can throw at it
Custom Built PC with Core i5, 14gb of ram & 1.5tb worth of HD

The drumkit picks up a lot of room and sounds like its being recorded in a garage. Its the sound everyone likes so were going with it.

What made you decide to get 14GB of RAM??? Seems pretty intense. I honestly didn't know a computer would make that much use of it.
Quote by lextexrex
What made you decide to get 14GB of RAM??? Seems pretty intense. I honestly didn't know a computer would make that much use of it.

I use a lot of virtual instruments. Some of which take nearly a gig of ram just starting it up.
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp
Quote by DanBrown93
seems pretty good. You have a nice collection of guitars. On the very bottom photo, what make is the guitar that's hanging on the wall in the centre of the photo?

It is a Harmony Bobkat H15
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
'04 Tony Iommi Signature SG
'66 Harmony Bobkat
Quote by lockwolf
I use a lot of virtual instruments. Some of which take nearly a gig of ram just starting it up.

Yeah, I can see that. I'm running 12 gigs of ram and when I've got everything going, it uses 95% of that. It just makes multitasking so much smoother and less frustrating and in the world of recording and mixing that's a very good thing.
You and I are mortal, but rock n roll will never die.
looks like this thread has some interest. Some really interesting comments so far, i think lexrextex has the most interesting photo so far. Well let's keep posting pics. jcboomer, whats does your 12 gig beast look like then?lol I know other people have said they'd contribute, so what's stopping you?
Haha, I just moved into college, when I get my rig set up somewhere I'll shoot you guys a picture.
You and I are mortal, but rock n roll will never die.
... bit late to the party here, but just finished my new room and thought I'd share...

(Invalid img)

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-c8pb-Om-OUw/Tl7beZg--NI/AAAAAAAABzo/2pa3IUa49Fc/s640/2011%2B-%2B3

(Invalid img)

(Invalid img)

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
Here Is my Setup,

A juno-G synth, used as a Midi Controller
My new Imac running Protools 9 and reason 5
My newest piece...Saphire pro 40 20 in 20 out soundcard
and Akg perception 20
Yamah Accoustic Guitar
6 string Schetcer
Cube 30x Amp ( )
and a setof 4 logitech cpu speaker with a sub.

Im looking to replace my amp for Iunno but I need to get rid of that cube.
im also looking into purchasin a decent pair of monitors that I reallly need.

sp here the pics.

Here is my setup. Warning! Lots of cheap gear, a college student needs to eat right?

2x Behringer minimic800 preamp
Behringer mic100 tube preamp
Behringer fex800 multi effects processor
Behringer amp400 headphone amp
Behringer Xenyx 1002b mixer
Behringer C-3 condenser
3x Samson R21 dynamic mic
Edit: Forgot to mention I'm using reaper but sometimes I'll use cakewalk as well

(Invalid img)

(Invalid img)
Last edited by Chiggity at Sep 1, 2011,
Woah. You guys are putting me to shame. I've got to get my act together to make my set up look as nice as the ones that have been posted here. Really impressed Thanks for your contributions so far.