Hey guys ,

So I used to have a Jackson RR24 with the EMG ALX signature in it. Very good tone .
Yesterday I traded it for a Jackson RR5 and I was thinking of going with the EMG ALX since I like the tone...but I was wondering about placing one in the neck and one in the bridge...As far as I know it's mostly a bridge pick-up since Alexi uses only one ...
Should I do it ? Has anyone tried it ? Will it suck in neck position ?

Thank you
I don't think it would suck, but you might wanna try something different. Like an EMG 60 or 85, which have a deeper bass tone. I think they also offer passive version of those pickups, I have the 85 and sounds pretty good, and pretty different from the emg81, which I think is similar to the ALX. But if you wanna use two ALX pickups, go ahead, they'll still sound a bit different because of the position
It's definitely usable. The sheer difference of position will make them sound different, although you probably won't be able to play Mark Knopfler with it.
Using the same exact pickup in different positions will likely make the volume difference massive, personally I'd just get an actual neck pickup.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Well honestly, the ALX pickup is really meant for bridge position, metal playing. You won't get some diversity there.
Quote by YouTube user
Hey it's Alek from Chillin in Bodom and ears a lick for bitch who can't play dicks.

Quote by c0b_h4t3cr3w
Any suggestion on what would work in the neck with the ALX pickup?

The obvious answer would be another EMG but I can't quite tell how the ALX wiring is supposed to work, the obvious compliment to just about any EMG in the bridge is an EMG 60 but the wiring may be something of an issue if the ALX is passive.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
As far as I've read , combining a passive pick-up with an active pick-up will cause power issues or volume issues . As far as I've heard , EMG passive pick-ups aren't rly a good choice , but the ALX sounds nice , so I am assuming they have a few good metal passive neck pick-ups...
Check out an EMG H2N. I'm prettily sure the ALX is a modified H2B, so it should work well. I hate HZ's, bit I gotta say the H2N I have is pretty decent. It's similar to a 60.

Or check out the new SRO line - they're supposed to be really good.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X