First off i love this amp. I have the ht40 but i forgot to get the warrentee from musicians friend. So im forced to return it and reorder it to get my warrentee. (i know dumb but).

What would be best for small to medium gigs?

Ht40
ht60 solo
ht60 2 x 12
ht 20 with cab.

I like the amp but if im sending it in i have a second chance to pic whats best for me. I want what would be a better sound quality than the ht40. Great amp but like i said i have a chance to make a diff choice. Also the other amps have more options.

My band plays classic rock and 80's. I was thinking of getting the ht40 and having the 1 12 80 watt cab. Where the ht40 sits on top of the cab. Or get the ht60 and do the same thing.

Jw what the best sound quality would be.
My newest cover Rivers Of Babylon sublime style.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=J_E7iWLxmiA

My gear:
taylor 310
Fender strat MiM
Cry Baby-GCB-95
Tone port ux2
tascam dp4
80s rock, classic rock, classic metal
Last edited by silly6-string at Aug 21, 2011,
The HT20 would be fine. Have you thought about Jet City at all? I like them better myself.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
HT-40 will be more than fine on it's own.

EDIT: BTW those are basically all the same amps with different wattages.
a 2x12 is better than a single speaker. And a cab + head is easier to carry than a combo.
Scientists write papers and books. Engineers make money.
Quote by Gui_Lux
a 2x12 is better than a single speaker. And a cab + head is easier to carry than a combo.

that's basically what im looking for. Yes diff watts. Diff ones have diff options. Diff channels, presence etc

also if i got the 20 or 100 watt head. What would be good cabs for them both?

My gear:
taylor 310
Fender strat MiM
Cry Baby-GCB-95
Tone port ux2
tascam dp4
Where are you from? Your grammar is awful.

Whatever. I don't see why you couldnt ring GC and see if they can help. If you can still return the amp your must have had it less than 28 days.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by Tom 1.0
Where are you from? Your grammar is awful.

Whatever. I don't see why you couldn't ring GC and see if they can help. If you can still return the amp your must have had it less than 28 days.

i called mf and asked them and because they dont have a store and gc does . I bought it from mf . I dont mind but like always. I have a gig on sep 3 and i wont have my amp. Ill have to use my ocd and pa. Or use a buddy's amp.

My gear:
taylor 310
Fender strat MiM
Cry Baby-GCB-95
Tone port ux2
tascam dp4
So you can return it, get a full refund etc and yet they cant just sort you out a warranty instead....?

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Usually you can get a warranty without returning it.
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
Quote by kutless999
Usually you can get a warranty without returning it.

i called mf directly and she even put me on hold and asked. Simply because they dont know if the item is broken already etc.

THis thread is about what amps would sound better not the warrentee issue.

ty

My gear:
taylor 310
Fender strat MiM
Cry Baby-GCB-95
Tone port ux2
tascam dp4
So either way it could be ****ed but they will let you return it over issuing a warranty... weird.

All those amps are basically the same, just different wattage and you don't seem bright enough for those differences to be apparent to you.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by Tom 1.0
So either way it could be ****ed but they will let you return it over issuing a warranty... weird.

All those amps are basically the same, just different wattage and you don't seem bright enough for those differences to be apparent to you.

wow that was a 5 year old remark. But im glad there is more adult and mature ppl on here than just you.

anyway ill prob just get the ht60 100 more and i get a presence setting and a boost for solos. all for 100 bucks more. and i can still get the additional cab for underneath.

Other option is to get the same ht40 get the cab and get a good eq pedal.

My gear:
taylor 310
Fender strat MiM
Cry Baby-GCB-95
Tone port ux2
tascam dp4
Last edited by silly6-string at Aug 21, 2011,
Start using proper words and writing less bollocks and I might respond accordingly.

Until then, ppl mite tlk 2 u leik ur st0pid.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by Tom 1.0

*Reported* totally uncalled for. This thread isn't about someones grammar, you can read the OP easily enough, he's asking what would be best for the gigs he's doing out of the amps listed. Fairly common and simple question

edit: and on topic. The other guitarist in my band uses a HT stage 60 and that would do small and medium gigs with ease. It's very loud and you can shape the sound a lot with it, it's a nice amp.
Last edited by Zoot Allures at Aug 22, 2011,
They are all pretty much the same amp in the same price bracket built to the exact standard. The guy spams the boards with retarded questions... they will all have the same quality and almost identical sound. Happy now?

Whatever Zoot

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Zoot Allures, reporting people doesnt really fit in with your lame rebellious punk rock contrarian persona that you like to give off online now does it...
Last edited by coolstoryangus at Aug 22, 2011,
TS, what may sound good for a particular type of music to you, may not sound good to some others here. And Vice - Versa

You really should try before you buy.
Yeah zoot, Tom didn't say anything worhty of reporting.
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
Is there a huge reason WHY you just HAVE to have warranty? Of course, I have many friends who always get warranty on anything over $100, but what's the big deal? There are more things a warranty wouldn't get you, than something a warranty would save you from spending any money.

How long would the warranty be for? 2 years for how much? $100? If you frequent this forum much, I don't think you'd keep an amp under a grand for that long. If you give good care for the amp, it shouldn't break after a month. I don't know for sure, but I don't think switching tubes will be covered by warranty. Do they even cover the damage done by turning on the amp without a speaker?

As you can tell, I am not a fan of the "limited-warranty" stuff. You know, "lifetime limited warranty. Haha they're smart.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by Tom 1.0
Start using proper words and writing less bollocks and I might respond accordingly.

WTF? You shouldn't advise people to use real words then make one up in the same sentence.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
bol·locks   [bol-uhks] Show IPA
noun
( used with a plural verb ) Vulgar . ballocks.
( used with a singular or plural verb ) British Vulgar . rubbish; nonsense; claptrap (often used interjectionally).
Quote by coolstoryangus
bol·locks   [bol-uhks] Show IPA
noun
( used with a plural verb ) Vulgar . ballocks.
( used with a singular or plural verb ) British Vulgar . rubbish; nonsense; claptrap (often used interjectionally).

Eng-lish [ing-lish]
noun

1. What we speak here in America

2. Not that bullshit (bollocks) that those tea drinking hippies speak in Britain
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!

I believe we fared quite well the last time we met on the battlefield. You guys still standing in straight lines shooting in unison?
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!