Supersac nailed it. High output humbucker. My frankenstrat has a Dimarzio X2N. Something like that. A super Distortion, Crunch Lab all work well. Just something really ballsy.

Depending on your budget, you could even look into a Bare Knuckle Pickup
Current Gear
-----------------
Washburn WI66 Pro //
Ibanez Prestige SA1260 //
Schecter C1 Blackjack //
Fernandes Ravelle Elite //
Wahburn HB35 Semi-Hollowbody
Blackstar HT40
Every pickup I mentioned was passive. The Dimarzios go for £70-80 and the BKP would be about £110 (depending on model - and I'm not an expert on them)

What is your budget and location?
Also, the specs of the guitar it would be fitted to?
Current Gear
-----------------
Washburn WI66 Pro //
Schecter C1 Blackjack //
Blackstar HT40
If you want more information or direction then you would need to give more info about the instrument and stuff as I wrote before. If not then glad to help
Current Gear
-----------------
Washburn WI66 Pro //
Schecter C1 Blackjack //
Blackstar HT40
Well I'm making a guitar from scratch from warmoth, a strat body (swamp ash), jackson maple neck, floyd rose,...the works
Ok so you are doing it the same way many other people have (myself included). Best of luck and I would stand by any of the Dimarzio pickups I suggested for that build. The exact tone you are looking for would of course affect the specific choice but I am confident you won't be disappointed
Current Gear
-----------------
Washburn WI66 Pro //
Schecter C1 Blackjack //
Blackstar HT40
get the X2N. it's one of the best pickups I can name, and the best humbucker
1978 Peavey T-40 -> Ampeg Micro-VR - > Ampeg SVT210AV + Ampeg SVT-15E
Well about half of the first album was recorded with his Ibanez Destroyer (or some Ibanez copy of an Explorer) which had the stock pickups, so the sound is actually going to be more in what amp you use.

Or you could get a Super Distortion and be happy. They aren't very expensive.
The EVH pickup came along with his new guitar and were sold seperately too, but I hear they are kinda shit. Not to mention put together poorly
I would go for DiMarzio or Seymour Invader
Quote by Most_Triumphant
Depends, I don't know what pickups go good with plywood. EMGs will make it sound like every other EMG guitar though.

Quote by JazzMunkeyy
it needs a silver flakes
and sara underwood
Quote by barnesybaby
Every pickup I mentioned was passive. The Dimarzios go for £70-80 and the BKP would be about £110 (depending on model - and I'm not an expert on them)

for your sake, I hope you have those prices wrong...

I bought a Dimarzio Super Distortion NEW from guitarcenter in California for $60 (US)!!! £70 could load an entire pickguard with dimarzio over here!
Anxiously Anticipating An Attractive ADA-MP1 Addition!