so i have an epiphone les paul studio, playing in all kinds of different tunings from drop b up to standard, which strings would you recommend me ?, currently i have a set of Elixir's 10-46 strings on my guitar(Perfect for Standard, Eb, drop d, drop C is getting a little bit loose, Drop B is very loose) so what are you saying ?
I normaly used 12s for that tuning, or I bought a 09 set for seven string and scrapped the high e. 10s are too light for that
Guitars:

Ibanez SZ320
Ibanez RG450
Ibanez SC620
Bc Rich Warlock 7 String
ESP LTD SC-607

FX:

Digitech Whammy 4
Line 6 PodXT Live

Amp:

Line 6 Flextone 2
Usually 12s are used for C# standard and below, you might need heavier low E and A strings though
Stating the obvious but if you put real heavy strings on there then tune up to E your guitar will not be impressed.
so what are you suggesting me ? maybe my band should start writing in drop b ?
i don't want to stay only in drop b, i'm playing alot lamb of god and pantera, sepultura, and stuff like that.. which requires standard , Eb , Drop d...
Last edited by RIP-Dimebag at Aug 21, 2011,
if you're in a band, pick a set tuning. or use alternate guitars. don't jump around on one guitar. live, that looks really unprofessional, if you're tuning all the time.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Quote by RIP-Dimebag
you're probably right because we have songs that are even in standard...

get a set tuning. if you're doing lots of standard stuff, stay standard. but if you want to tune down to have a bit of heavy, then tune Drop D. this way you can do all of your chug-chug heavy stuff, but still be able to do regular stuff too.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
hmm by set tuning you mean d-tuna right ? anyway would it fit an epiphone les paul studio?
No, he means settle on one tuning. You won't be going from E standard to drop B on the same guitar with the same gauge strings without some comfort issues.

Just buy another guitar or settle on one tuning.
I would suggest GHS. I find Ernie Ball Slinkies at low tunings to be... well, slinky. D'Addario are tighter than Ernie Ball, and GHS are tighter again and hold their tone far better than D'Addario at low tunings. That's been my experience.
Ibanez RG2228 w/ EMG808Xs | Line 6 POD HD500 | Mackie HD1221
I have 12's on one guitar for drop b and 13's (Cleartones) on another for drop b.....choose you weapons...I prefer the 12's though/..
Quote by Pan-Tallica
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
But theres no reason why i cant be free like a raspberry stuck to the back of a horny elephants ass.

This is maybe the worst comparison in the history of comparisons.
The intestines of small children... Anyway idk, preference, depends on the length of your neck.
Get them to love you, while they may depending on your words and wealth, the only one who's really judging you is yourself, nobody else.

Any and all posts by this user are fictional and for entertainment purposes only
It's personal preference but I like 13-65 for tuning lower than C.
Damn it! Disable can't use disable to disable Disable's disable because disable's disable has already been disabled by Disable's disable!
If you're going from E standard to drop B and tunings in between, you need more than a thicker set of strings.

Even from E standard to Eb standard, your guitar will probably need a setup so it's intonated well and plays the best it can.
uhh i think i'll go with the seven string(B standard)... and i thought about the guitar Schecter Hellraiser Special C-7... i'm used to meaty neck on guitars so this is not a problem for me... and it has EMG 81-7\85-7 pickups(which is really good from what i know), i only have to try it sometime... what do you think?