Hey,

I need some help getting THE Page sound out of my Vox AC15C1.

I don't think i can get his sound just with the distortion of the amp and want to know, if i need a pedal. If yes, which one should i get?
Light distortion, wah-wah, and some reverb. That'll do it really. Most of his live tones sound generally clean.
A callous exterior isn't an uncommon way of protecting ideals; it hides the idealists from the derision of fools and cowards. But it also immobilizes them, so that, in trying to preserve their ideals, they risk losing them.
Assuming you used a guitar with humbuckers, you can always reverse phase on one of them with a push/pull pot to get the quaky tone he used on some of his songs.
fuzz

tonebender?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
while Page used a vox on some tracks in the early days much of his sound came from marshalls and odd ball amps like a supro along with a Les Paul and Tele or danelectro for most of his sounds (he did use other guitars in the studio as well). a big part of the page sound is his use of micing which obviously can't be duplicated. his live sound was pretty much LP into Marshall (and an orange head) with a wah and a line-booster and an echoplex.

with the right tools Page's live sound isn't to tough to duplicate. your vox really doesn't have the marshall balls needed though.