Sorry its a bit of a nooby question, like i said earlier, im shite when it comes to gear. Im looking to spend a few hundred quid, need a nice metal tone with loads of mid range ( i hate thick and underwater sounding tones). A few channels would be nice aswell. Any advice?
what do you mean by a "few hundred quid"? £200?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
get a blackstar ht5r, or something, slap a distortion pedal infront, like an mxr fullbore metal and voila.
My Rig
Fender Blacktop Strat HH MN > Joyo JF-01 Vintage Overdrive > Boss ME50 > Line 6 Spider IV 30

Other Shit
Jim Deacon Acoustic
Yamaha 12 string acoustic

New Amp Fund
£300/700
You want lots of mids, yet hate a thick tone? wat
NOW PART OF THE

Quote by Robchappers
You are epic my friend ;-)
Quote by RU Experienced?
At this point I'd be more surprised if you found me a Christian children's entertainer that didn't sodomize and eat kids.
well my buget is non existant at the minute, im thinking of selling my 214ce to fund it. I dont wanna spend more than 300 quid if it can be helped. My ideal tone would be killswitch... i use a jackson guitar with emg pick ups. I plan to gig with the amp, most venues around my way mic them up anyways. It doesnt have to be super loud. Im gonna check out the blackstar now...
Quote by RichieCrozier
well my buget is non existant at the minute, im thinking of selling my 214ce to fund it. I dont wanna spend more than 300 quid if it can be helped. My ideal tone would be killswitch... i use a jackson guitar with emg pick ups. I plan to gig with the amp, most venues around my way mic them up anyways. It doesnt have to be super loud. Im gonna check out the blackstar now...

Honestly, even mic'd the Ht5 doesn't have the headroom to gig clean. Would you be willing to buy used?
Quote by SwampAshSpecial
Honestly, even mic'd the Ht5 doesn't have the headroom to gig clean. Would you be willing to buy used?

yes it does. I have done this.
Bugera 6260 212?
My Rig
Fender Blacktop Strat HH MN > Joyo JF-01 Vintage Overdrive > Boss ME50 > Line 6 Spider IV 30

Other Shit
Jim Deacon Acoustic
Yamaha 12 string acoustic

New Amp Fund
£300/700
Quote by SwampAshSpecial
Used, you could probably find yourself a Marshall JCM900 combo?

My thoughts exactly. 900's haven't held their price very well. (Notice I didn't say "value"? )
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by GibsonMan321
You want lots of mids, yet hate a thick tone? wat

That's what I was thinking.

Anyway TS, it's not going to be easy to get Killswitch tone in your budget. It's certainly not going to come from any 5W amp. Maybe try to find a used Peavey 6505+ 112? I'm not sure how possible that is, since I'm not familiar with your country.

In any case, try to get something with a lot of headroom.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X