Music shouldn't be a competition, but a cooperation.

Your thoughts on that statement, pit?
Originally posted by J_Dizzle
THAAAANK YOU GoodCharloteSux is god
Hippie propaganda.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Music benefits so much from its competitive nature though. If it was cooperative all the time people either wouldn't know when to stop, or get really lazy. Think about it.
bullshit that lars ulrich started to try and get into Meshuggah.
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
what's wrong with a little friendly competition? having a rival to compete with will push both of you and therefore both of you will be better musicians. not to mention pursuing music as a career is a very competitive field. if you didn't try to be better than anyone else, you wouldn't be able to get any gigs whether it is composing, session playing, touring, playing in an orchestra, etc and then you would go broke.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by UntilISleep
Competition promotes creativity, I think.

That's just what the cappies want you to think.
Quote by theogonia777
what's wrong with a little friendly competition? having a rival to compete with will push both of you and therefore both of you will be better musicians. not to mention pursuing music as a career is a very competitive field. if you didn't try to be better than anyone else, you wouldn't be able to get any gigs whether it is composing, session playing, touring, playing in an orchestra, etc and then you would go broke.

God damn liberuls, that's why.
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
I think being competitive with other musicians is great. It pushes everyone involved to get better and more creative with their music.

On the other hand, if these other muscians are your bandmates, and you're constantly trying to outdo each other...I guess I can see how that could be a problem.
Quote by ng117
I bet I can play more phrygians and aeolians than you.

well i can economy pick 42 note per second phrygian dominant scales with string skipping while singing in Phrygian while wearing a phrygian cap in the Phrygian countryside.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by theogonia777
well i can economy pick 42 note per second phrygian dominant scales with string skipping while singing in Phrygian while wearing a phrygian cap in the Phrygian countryside.

I can do 3 string sweeps. BOOM.
competition isn't necessarily good, but i think what ts meant is that you can't objectively compare art (band a is better than band b), which i agree with
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Im not trying to say anything by the statement, I'm purely playing devils advocate and looking for serious answers/funny. I might share my view point later, I'm just curious to see what people thought of the statement
I can understand this, Brian Wilson wanted to match The Beatles and he came up with Pet Sounds so it can be good sometimes.
Music couldn't be subject to rules.
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

I can play whole notes at 1000 bpm... no joke
HILT!

Where's Waldo?

I can play fourth chords, guys! I know jazz!
When some stranger on the internet says it is so, it must be so.
Quote by OliOsbourne
I can play whole notes at 1000 bpm... no joke

Quarter notes at 250 BPM, damn O_o

And to the guy about the 4th chords, damn o_O
Quote by Zeropathic
I can play fourth chords, guys! I know jazz!

DAYUM I can only play 3
HILT!

Where's Waldo?

Quote by GoodCharloteSux
Music shouldn't be a competition, but a cooperation.

Your thoughts on that statement, pit?

Do you cooperate with Good Charlotte, TS?
Quote by Sweet_Heresy
I think being competitive with other musicians is great. It pushes everyone involved to get better and more creative with their music.

On the other hand, if these other muscians are your bandmates, and you're constantly trying to outdo each other...I guess I can see how that could be a problem.

This.
You want some more seeneyj hate? WELL YOU CAN'T HAVE IT

You're all a bunch of f*cking slaves! - Jim Morrison

UG Awards
1st: Biggest Ego
1st: Most Likely To Become Famous
1st: Most Pretentious User
It's interesting to see the many different interpretations to what the statement triggers in a guitar players