I have a vintage Ibanez WH-10 wah pedal, and the plastic case is beginning to crack. How should I repair the cracks? What glue should I use? I have Krazy glue, would that work? I also have Duco Cement.
Last edited by beatit at Aug 21, 2011,
duck tape/duct tape

it's the only way.
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
Quote by tomc2
Pictures? you Krazy glue might work

Sorry, my camera is not available right now, but here is an attached picture showing where the crack is. There is a crack on both sides.
Attachments:
0.jpg
super glue always worked for me with this sort of stuff. My only thought is that there's a pretty good chance of it needing to be redone in the future. Good luck man.
*insert witty statement here*

EDIT: ninja'd
Call me Chris
Quote by jimihendrix6699
had a blast until the person in front of me whipped out his dick and started pissing all over the floor..

Ducks and guitars or fish and guitars. I lead a simple existence
Last edited by IronMaiden76 at Aug 22, 2011,
If you can pull the crack open a little bit when you apply the glue then that'd probably be good thing so it can seep in deeper.
A crack in that area of a pedal usually means that your pushing to hard on the stop of the pedal. I've seen this fixed before with glue but it broke again after some time.
I would be looking more at reinforcing the top of the pedal with a metal plate to stop the pedal bending in the first place as well as putting some glue in the crack to stop it spreading.
Alright, thanks. Yeah, I think I stomped on it on the wrong spot. I'll try putting a metal plate and gluing on the crack. But I'm too scared to open the crack further, in case I damage it more. The plastic is extremely old and fragile.