hey im getting a jackson js32 kelly and was hoping to get seymour duncan sh-8 invader pickups put in. was just wondering if they would fit? i dont know much technically but i love the sound of them so would they fit in my guitar?
Jackson kelly's sound bad ass as they are. but no i dont think they'd fit. you'd have to cut out the pickup slots and make them a bit wider.
wut.
The kelly has humbuckers, the invader is a humbucker, surely it should just drop right in?
My Gear:
BC Rich Gunslinger Retro Blade
Vintage V100 Paradise + SD Alnico Pro Slash APH-2's
1963 Burns Short Scale Jazz Guitar
Dean Performer Florentine
Bugera 6260
Orange Micro Terror + cab
Digitech Bad Monkey
Zoom G2G
Quote by harrylb14
hey im getting a jackson js32 kelly and was hoping to get seymour duncan sh-8 invader pickups put in. was just wondering if they would fit? i dont know much technically but i love the sound of them so would they fit in my guitar?

of course they gonna fit .. its a humbucker space .. it will surely perfectly .i cant see why it wouldnt

one thing though ... the Sh-8 is a brutal beast with a lot of low-end ( bass ) ... if you guitar is already in mahogany or something that has a lot of low end .. you might ending up with far too much bottom and its gonna get muddy and wont sound good .

and the sh-8 can be a little out of control and forget about your clean .

i dont know much about jackson ... the wood is Cedro i cant tell you anything about its resonance . But you might wanna put something less IN YOUR FACE ..

But IMO .. the invader is built for stratocaster hss . the stratocaster is a bright guitar and the high bass response compensate on the strat bright tone .

but its a good pickup ... jsut make sure it goes well into your guitar .. as i said its "8" on the bass chart of seymour duncan .. and this pickup is a beast that can eaisly get out of control .

In todays world where amp/modeler have a lot of gain ... you might wanna check for something smoother .

good luck .

** if you notice Sh-8 is the most heavy pickup that duncan make .. yet they arent in any ESP GUITARS or Jackson or DEAN etc.. ( metal guitars ) .. even signature model . the company will put a SH-6 distortion or SH-4 (depending of the wood) . artist will often put a Sh-5 custom over a sh-8 .

this pickup was perfect in Delonge stratocaster or any stratocaster . but if your guitar has already a lot of low end ( most "metal" guitar have ) .. the sh-8 will sound like Sh*t.

+ your guitar already have great pickups .. i dont think youll notice any improvement with the duncan ... ... get a new amp or boost pedal or EQ pedal for your amp and you should achieve the same result .

sh-8 = NO except for the guy who bought a strat and want to play metal .. put a sh-8 in a strat .. and your guitar is as brutal as any esp , jackson , dean etc..

i bet you 1 $ that if you put a sh-8 in your jackson .. youll come back to your stock pickup . your pickup are already high output and balanced for your guitar .
Bedroom rock star :

- Gibson Les paul Standard 2001 Honeyburst .
- Agile 3200 Slim
Last edited by Skysc at Aug 21, 2011,
^kinda on the money above.

It will fit no problem, and as stated above it sounds a bit muddy depending on the wood. The JS32 is a cheap wood body. It will improve over stock, however it won't sound the best. Again, like stated above it's not the best balanced.
Quote by Skysc
of course they gonna fit .. its a humbucker space .. it will surely perfectly .i cant see why it wouldnt

*insert wall of text here*

To put this more concisely, the Invader is very bassy and very high output. It only really works in bright guitars and it's muddy in most guitars.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.