Poll: Should religion be banned?
Poll Options
View poll results: Should religion be banned?
Yes, I hate them
47 15%
No
249 81%
Undecided
12 4%
Voters: 308.
Page 1 of 6
Controversial, I know, but I thought I would ask the pit this. Should governments make religion illegal?

I do not think so, I believe people have the right to believe what they want to believe, it isn't anyone's place to say so. Like, it's one thing if you are trying to get a religious person to see reason in a debate, but I would never suggest forcing such a ban.
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
No.
--------------╯╰--------------
A SIGNATURE.
--------------╮╭--------------
I'd like to thank everyone for showing up to the discussion. It's been great, we learned a few things, shared a few laughs. Be careful driving home and have a wonderful remainder of the night.
Oh boy, another thread that I'm never going to click on again!
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
Fastest thread ever?
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
No.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by entity0009
And that concludes this discussion.

Well, as people have voted yes, I am curious as to what their explanation is.
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Quote by Gibson_SG_uzr55

whatever it is, it's all the same bullshit i've heard a hundred times.

no.
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
Quote by Gibson_SG_uzr55

I am totally against them. However banning them now would be insane and completely impossible.
Quote by Gibson_SG_uzr55

Me too.

I mean, I'm a stone cold atheist, and I think we'd be better off without religion ideally, but restricting people from thinking freely (despite whether or not someone agrees with it) is abhorrent. It's like banning a child from believing in santa.
Quote by SeveralSpecies
Me too.

I mean, I'm a stone cold atheist, and I think we'd be better off without religion ideally, but restricting people from thinking freely (despite whether or not someone agrees with it) is abhorrent. It's like banning a child from believing in santa.

that's not the only thing wrong with this ideology. religion does a lot of good, too.
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
I wish those who voted yes would have posted why. Even though I'm an atheist I have to say religion should not be banned.
Here in the US we have the bill of rights and that guarantees the freedom of religion.

What should be illegal is teaches religious myths as fact in our science class rooms.
Quote by FatalGear41
In the end, the only question is: what bass would Jesus play?

I think he's a Fender Jazz guy.
Quote by laid-to-waste
that's not the only thing wrong with this ideology. religion does a lot of good, too.

.........Like....
Quote by Gibson_SG_uzr55

Angsty 14 year old kids that don't have a clue.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by laid-to-waste

Well I don't think the goods outweigh the bads, but regardless, even if it were purely bad, that's not grounds for banning a belief or peoples rights to organize.
Quote by laid-to-waste

I was about to say this to him as well. I mean, certainly you can link religion with a lot of problems that happen, but at the same time it can benefit people, in a good way, like give them hope to overcome addiction or depression, give to charity, etc.
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

Quote by TunerAddict

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
I dont agree with any religions, but I'm not going to be moronic enough to infringe on other peoples right to believe whatever the hell they want, and I expect the same in return.
No. As stupid as religion is, banning it won't help anything.
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

That's just a waiting to happen. I like what I heard some dude saying on TV say though. He said: scrap religious school, don't let parents present their religion as truth to their children. Let them have a religion-free youth and when they're 18, old enough to think for themselves, see what they believe in. Doesn't mean you can't educate on what different religions entail either.

Clashes a bit with circumcisions, eating kosher food et cetera, but whatevs.
Quote by MakinLattes
Only the wrong religions should be banned.

Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Why should religion be banned? How would atheists feel if atheism was banned and you were forced to practice a belief?

Most religious people are normal, sensible people, that don't do anything to harm other people with different beliefs, and don't like it when atheist extremists group them with terrorists. People who think we should ban religion are close minded morons.
Quote by willT08
Quote by HowSoonisNow
How was Confucius death metal?
You've clearly never read any Confuscius.

As I wait on the edge of the earth,
I can see the walls being torn down again
Only to be rebuilt in another name,
On a different day
HILT!

Where's Waldo?

Quote by Gibson_SG_uzr55
I was about to say this to him as well. I mean, certainly you can link religion with a lot of problems that happen, but at the same time it can benefit people, in a good way, like give them hope to overcome addiction or depression, give to charity, etc.

+1

I think the bad is disproportionately represented online because, using wiki here, there 4.65 billion religious people in the world.
Now tell me how many of those people negatively affect the world because of their religion. I'm not saying there isn't any bad, but it doesn't outweigh any good.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Quote by frankv
If it weren't for Christianity, we'd have known by now.

HILT!

Where's Waldo?