I'm looking to buy an amp that's anywhere in the 300-500$ range(600 at the most) that is good for metal. I like playing the classic stuff like Metallica, Sabbath, Iron Maiden and Megadeth but I also enjoy playing things like Machine Head, Dethklok, Devin Townsend and Children of Bodom. It would be nice if it had some good settings for things like Jazz and Blues.
Quote by Primus2112

*lolstack*

I had to do that instead of a real lolstack, because the number of lols would exceed the image limit. But dear god

Quote by Burgery
Well he's not a bad teacher, it just seems like he really doesn't know an awful lot about what he's teaching...
check out the bugera 6262, i have one and i like it alot. i play kind of the same styles you do :P
Possibly Peavey classic? Would cover most of that, depending on your guitar, should be within your price range, and would easily handle the 'classic stuff', however would require a boost for Dethklok/DT/Bodom.
Also, depends what you plan on using the amp for, bedroom use/gigs/etc? I havent tried one but the Bugera sounds worth looking in to, as well, might not do the jazz/blues so well, though.
STRIKING MINORS
Peavey Vypyr Tube. /thread.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
I don't need a perfect blues or jazz setting but I want to at least be able to play those genres.

Edit: I'm deciding between a Bugera 6262 or the Peavey Vypyr
Quote by Primus2112

*lolstack*

I had to do that instead of a real lolstack, because the number of lols would exceed the image limit. But dear god

Quote by Burgery
Well he's not a bad teacher, it just seems like he really doesn't know an awful lot about what he's teaching...
Last edited by TheIntruder at Aug 22, 2011,