I was just wondering, since I was thinking about getting a marshall head.
well, i guess you could put an attenuator in the speaker out and listen to it over the headphone out on the attenuator. it'd kinda defeat the purpose though
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Actually most of you guys are wrong...
The Marshall TSL 100 Head comes with a line level Mic out. If you got a dummy load to take up the load of your speaker output (because running a head without a load [speakers] attached will ruin the head) you could run your head straight into a PA or audio interface without a cab. I considered doing it myself at one point. For your dummy load you could get a radial head bone, an attenuator or just build one out of some cable and some resistors.
Last edited by guy_tebache at Aug 21, 2011,
Quote by guy_tebache
Actually most of you guys are wrong...
The Marshall TSL 100 Head comes with a line level Mic out. If you got a dummy load to take up the load of your speaker output (because running a head without a load [speakers] attached will ruin the head) you could run your head straight into a PA or audio interface without a cab. I considered doing it myself at one point. For your dummy load you could get a radial head bone, an attenuator or just build one out of some cable and some resistors.

Without a cab emulator, it'll sound like a cat being dragged across razor wire while being skinned with a rusty spork.
Quote by ethan_hanus
Without a cab emulator, it'll sound like a cat being dragged across razor wire while being skinned with a rusty spork.

which is why I ended up not doing it. I never said it was a good idea.

But I think that particular amp might have speaker emulation for the line out... not too sure. I'm sure it would be fine with a quality PA though.
GEARZ

Schecter Hellraiser
TS 808 modded tubescreamer
MXR six band EQ
boss DD-3 digital delay
Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble
ISP Decimator
1998 Marshall JCM2000 DSL 100
Quote by guy_tebache
which is why I ended up not doing it. I never said it was a good idea.

But I think that particular amp might have speaker emulation for the line out... not too sure. I'm sure it would be fine with a quality PA though.

It'll sound exactly like the preamp though...and most built in cab emulators suck hard, especially if it's from Marshall.
Quote by ethan_hanus
It'll sound exactly like the preamp though...and most built in cab emulators suck hard, especially if it's from Marshall.

I dont see why it should only sound like the preamp. I'm pretty sure the line out is taken after the power stage and is just attenuated. But yeah you might as well be using Sansamp or some shit