So I've ordered my upgrades for my Ibanez, now the hard part, waiting.
I got GFS Crunchy PAT bridge and neck pickups in zebra, a fender 5 way switch, 2 1 meg audio pots, and a couple sprague orange .022 caps.
And for the middle pickup, I may just use a mexican fender single coil replaced with alnico magnets.
I should be expecting a pretty good sound upgrade over all with these parts, right?
Cusp of Magic
only if you play as good as your guitar deserves...

Quote by static_music34
your guitar doesn't exist, apparently

good one...
:Gear:
Ibanez RG2EX1
Fender Stratacoustic
Bugera Vintage 5
Quote by HectorBznRg
only if you play as good as your guitar deserves...

What exactly do you mean?
Cusp of Magic
Quote by Chaos-Serenade
What exactly do you mean?

If you play good you are gonna sound better with better equipment
If you dont, you wont notice the difference whatever new things you install to the guitar...
but yeah those things are more likely gonna make a sound improvement

Quote by static_music34
your guitar doesn't exist, apparently

good one...
:Gear:
Ibanez RG2EX1
Fender Stratacoustic
Bugera Vintage 5
Well as far as the waiting goes I just ordered a pharaoh fuzz and have 3 days to wait
Get them to love you, while they may depending on your words and wealth, the only one who's really judging you is yourself, nobody else.

Any and all posts by this user are fictional and for entertainment purposes only
Quote by Chaos-Serenade
So I've ordered my upgrades for my Ibanez, now the hard part, waiting.
I got GFS Crunchy PAT bridge and neck pickups in zebra, a fender 5 way switch, 2 1 meg audio pots, and a couple sprague orange .022 caps.
And for the middle pickup, I may just use a mexican fender single coil replaced with alnico magnets.
I should be expecting a pretty good sound upgrade over all with these parts, right?

Sweet, I have a Zebra GFS crunchy pat on the way for the guitar I'm building. It may not sound good in my guitar though, it's Lowes pine and red oak guitar
Quote by HectorBznRg
If you play good you are gonna sound better with better equipment
If you dont, you wont notice the difference whatever new things you install to the guitar...
but yeah those things are more likely gonna make a sound improvement

I don't have the money to afford over the top high end USA made equipment or tubed halfstacks, I'm an independent player and occasionally pick and grin for random people.
My amp's a 30 watt Washburn from the 80's, which sounds fine, along with a Zoom G2.
So any tonal difference in pickup swaps I would notice, since I'm used to the overall settings.
I just want to make the already quality made guitar look and sound better over all.
Cusp of Magic
Quote by theponz
Well as far as the waiting goes I just ordered a pharaoh fuzz and have 3 days to wait

Same boat, but instead I'm waiting on a cab and it'll be a week. And I'll most likely be out of town when it arrives.
Schecter Hellraiser C7 FR/Bareknuckle Cold Sweat/Liquifire
Godin A12 - For Sale
1991 EBMM Silhouette
Emperor 2x12

7+>6, ERG Legion

Like going fast?
my phil demmel king v was supposed to arrive a week ago :/ ive been waiting ever since and it sucks
Quote by W4RP1G
Sweet, I have a Zebra GFS crunchy pat on the way for the guitar I'm building. It may not sound good in my guitar though, it's Lowes pine and red oak guitar

My Home Depot pine guitar has a GFS Hot telecaster pickup in the bridge. It sounds pretty good, actually. Have hope!
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER