hello !!
we had our original songs that contain sometimes 3 guitar track " rythme , lead and harmonizing lead " so could anyone tell me what to do in a live show lead + rythme or lead + harmonizing lead and let the bass hold chords ??
the lead guitarist could get a harmonizer pedal.
untill then, you'll just have to find out what is most important in every part, harmonizing, or rythm.
i have never tried it, so i cant say if its good or not. if you have an me50, try it out during the next rehearsal
I know that avenged sevenfold does the harmonies live. My band doesnt.... because we have one guitarist lol :P
Guitars: Epiphone Slash AFD Les Paul, Schecter Omen-6, and Fender CD-60 Acoustic
Amp: Jet City JCA20H with JCA12s cab
Pedalboard: Crybaby Classic, Boss DS-1, Korg Multi FX, BBE Boosta Grande, Rocktron HUSH Pedal. ProCo Rat.
Quote by adel.light94
hello !!
we had our original songs that contain sometimes 3 guitar track " rythme , lead and harmonizing lead " so could anyone tell me what to do in a live show lead + rythme or lead + harmonizing lead and let the bass hold chords ??

Since the dawn of multi-track recording bands have struggled with how to re-create live what they've done in the studio. Some bands bring in additional musicians. Obviously, modern tech - loopers and harmonizers and whatnot - offers another set of solutions.

I'm going to suggest the old-school approach:

Re-imagine the song.

Don't try to recreate the multi-tracked version live. Chances are that even spending a lot of money on pedals, you're not going to be able to do it.

Instead, spend some time in the rehearsal studio figuring out, "What parts of this song are essential? What parts can we imply? What parts are redundant?"

We can't answer your question for you as to which part is more important because we don't know the song. What you need to do is to rehearse to the song both ways, and decide which way does a better job of capturing the spirit of the song.

There might not be one right answer - more than one solution could work, albiet they'll all probably work different. Remember that the goal is not a perfect reproduction of the recording, but rather the version of the song which creates the best live experience given your limitations.
I have a boss me70 and I like the harmonizer. You gotta get used to using it properly (ie making sure to only play single notes) and gotta know which interval you need and in what major key.
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
cant you try to add some harmonizing in with the rhythm... like add extensions during certian chords to harmoize with what the lead is playing.....
Quote by Dirk Gently
Some pieces are only meant to be played by people with six fingers on their fretting hand. Sorry.
a pedal would work only if you did the harmonies in the studio by using a strict interval the whole time. because i believe most pedals you just set it to do like a 3rd or 4th or 5th or something on top of the not you play. but if in the studio you didnt do that exactly, then you wouldnt be able to reproduce it live with a pedal.

i would personally just let the bass hold down the rhythm and then have the two guitars harmonize.