So, I guess I'll make this as short as i can with as much description as possible.

I simply need a cable to connect my amp head to the cab. It's just a regular half-stack type amp, and before i was using regular guitar cables to connect the two. I can not do that anymore, due to somehow losing a cable, and now i have 1 cable left, which is used to connect my guitar to my amp (no effects or any other pedals, straight guitar to amp). So my question is, what could be a good cable, which is very cheap, to connect my amp?

Some i had in mind:
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/accessories/rapco-horizon-speaker-cable
this one, the 6', 16 or 18 gauge option ($8.99 - $9.99)
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/accessories/musicians-gear-16-gauge-speaker-cable
or this one, the 3' option ($3.99)
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/accessories/live-wire-14-gauge-speaker-cable
or this one, again the 3' option ($14.99)

Also, another good question, should i use speaker cables for head and cab connecting, or not?
Last edited by olix95 at Aug 21, 2011,
Any of them that reach will be fine.

Yes, you should use speaker cable instead of instrument cable; the imepedence is different with instrument cable and worse case, in extreme situations (high watts, high volume & gain, cable length, etc.) you could blow out or at least damage your amp head.

BTW, short posts are OK, and this time it didn't matter, but normally you ought to at least list the make and model of the head and cab for technical questions.
thanks for the answer. im not a cable expert at all, so i wasnt sure if speaker cables were for like PA systems and mic'ed system speakers and all that. i always figured regular instrument cables would be a bad situation for amps like that, but i never played with the amp master volume at over 3, so it's a good thing that i didn't do high volumes, but i often use high gain, and my amp has a considerably high wattage, so maybe i should consider myself lucky that there has been no (apparent) damage so far. btw, My amp is this
Quote by olix95
thanks for the answer. im not a cable expert at all, so i wasnt sure if speaker cables were for like PA systems and mic'ed system speakers and all that. i always figured regular instrument cables would be a bad situation for amps like that, but i never played with the amp master volume at over 3, so it's a good thing that i didn't do high volumes, but i often use high gain, and my amp has a considerably high wattage, so maybe i should consider myself lucky that there has been no (apparent) damage so far. btw, My amp is this

not to ride your a**, but its much more convient for us posting that you actually type what you have so we don't have to click on a link and wait for it to load, etc. a link is beneficial as well, but spell it out.

he has a B52 LS100
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by trashedlostfdup
not to ride your a**, but its much more convient for us posting that you actually type what you have so we don't have to click on a link and wait for it to load, etc. a link is beneficial as well, but spell it out.

he has a B52 LS100

We'll take progress when we can get it. That's better than have to click on his profile, and hoping he has it posted in his gear list/that it's his only amp/that his gear list is current/that his profile isn't set to private. BTW your gear list is pretty enviable, to say the least.

BTW, TS, in my experience, the only dumb question is the one you should have asked but didn't. Especially if not asking results in damaging something cool.

Take care, all.