I just picked up my first tube amp. Its a Mesa boogie studio caliber dc-2. I got a new set of tubes to put in it. Should i put them in myself or have a shop do it?
You know you posted the same thread twice. You can't do that.
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
Joeballz - just PM a mod and ask them to close the other thread.

Sometimes, people's PCs screw up and they can't tell if their thread actually posted or not. Is that what happened?

Either way, without doing any further research, I am 95% confident you can do this yourself. Make sure you have matched power tubes. If you have to pull the chassis - don't touch anything on the inside or you may die. Just gently pull the old tubes out by rocking them back and forth a bit and pulling strait up. Spray some contact cleaner on the pins of the new tube (highly recommended) and line up the pins and work them back in. Make sure they are pushed down all the way. Look at the tubes when you fire the amp back up for relatively even brightness. Anything too bright and shut it down and follow a different set of steps.

if you need any more help than that I've got a blog on power tubes and a video on preamp tube replacement if you are interested.

Congrats on the Mesa - that is a cool amp.

NAD thread at all?
Is the amp used? If it's new, I don't see any reason to change the tubes just yet.
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
yea its used, the guy i bought it from gave me a brand new set of tubes. also where is that video 311zosovhjh?
I repeat myself

Quote by lbj273
have a shop do it if your a cat, otherwise its pretty hard to screw up
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}