My Epi SG Faded Cherry is here and I'm chuffed to bits! That is all.
Pics or it didn't happen. LOL

Congrats dude! have fun!
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
Ok, Well Ive had a bit of a go at my lovely ne SG G400 Epi. First and foremost, im no gun guitar player but I do know what I like to hear. So far, I really like the neck compared to the cramped up fender and Jackson which I feel doesnt have enough room between the strings. To me the SG has more of a acoustic guitar feel about it, sits nice on the thigh when sitting in about the right place with the high frets in a sensible place in reference to my bodies centre line as opposed to the fender style which is too far towards centre which inturns constricts what I can do as far as bends and hammer on pull offs on high frets.
Also, I very much like the volume pot for each pick up which I think may be a mod worth doing to my strat copy and either turf the 2 tone pots or get another pick guard with 3 volume pots and the single tone pot.
Another thing I like is the nicer sounds I can achieve when palm muting as against the complete muffling I get from both the stratofaker and the Jackson. I think it has a lot to do with the hardtail back end but as I said, Im not gun. One thing I have noticed is that it plays things like the solo out of still got the blues actually sounding like and LP and not like a start trying to hard. I like that it bends strings much nicer than the stratofaker and a little better than the Jackson and I guess that has a lot to do with neck radiuses and stuff. I read somewhere that SG's a re crap for playing chords but I cant fault it. After compensating for the extra gap between strings which isnt a biggy because I learnt chords on a big old acoustic anyway, the chords seem to come out nice and warm. I havent run it through the clean channel yet but I have dropped the gain, limiter and presence down a few notches on my amp and slipped to rhytum on the guitar and sounds lovely and mellow.
All in all, I am very happey with this guitar. I got it from a music store in Sydney sight unseen for the princely sum of $399 Australian plus $30 postage/handling. Retail price for this guitar is around $599 everywhere else and here in Nth Queensland where I am they have them at both of the music shops here for about a grand. So for $429 all said and done, Im very happy.