something from IBANEZ is a prety solid bet..
Quote by Pan-Tallica
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
But theres no reason why i cant be free like a raspberry stuck to the back of a horny elephants ass.

This is maybe the worst comparison in the history of comparisons.
The Peavey Vandenberg has a really thin neck. Thinner than Ibanez Wizard II necks
I'm FAT!
Ibanez wizard 3 necks are .748' inch thick. they got you beat my freind
I'd say something from Ibanez, though it wouldn't surprise me if DBZ have done something even more thin, they seem to be willing to try absolutely everything.
Paper Jamz.
Money beats soul every time.

Money beats soul...every time.

Money...beats soul...every...goddamn...time.
Roter customs had one that was too thin, caused the neck to split when the truss rod was adjusted or something.

EDIT: Found the thread I saw it in. http://www.metalguitarist.org/forum/guitar-tech-electronics-diy/31918-dissecting-repairing-fan-fret-roter-8-trying-help-lost-cause-huge-76pics.html
Schecter Hellraiser C7 FR/Bareknuckle Cold Sweat/Liquifire
Godin A12 - For Sale
1991 EBMM Silhouette
Emperor 2x12

7+>6, ERG Legion

Like going fast?
Last edited by shaggydogJV at Aug 22, 2011,
I'm pretty sure I've seen a guitar whose neck consisted of little steel tubes for frets attached to a thin steel tube for a neck. A skeleton, as it were.
Ibanez RG2228 w/ EMG808Xs | Line 6 POD HD500 | Mackie HD1221
Quote by shaggydogJV
Roter customs had one that was too thin, caused the neck to split when the truss rod was adjusted or something.

EDIT: Found the thread I saw it in. http://www.metalguitarist.org/forum/guitar-tech-electronics-diy/31918-dissecting-repairing-fan-fret-roter-8-trying-help-lost-cause-huge-76pics.html

My word, this is actually painful to see. Why on earth did anybody pay anything more than monopoly money for this thing?
Washburn has made some incredibly thin necks recently; thin enough to throw the thing out of tune when playing on the first three frets. Not a good idea.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
I'm not sure if you're just asking out of curiosity or because you want to own a guitar with as thin of a neck as possible, but as you could probably tell, the boundaries of how thin a neck can be without having it becoming detrimental to the stability and integrity of the neck have been pushed to and, in some cases (the Roter posted in this thread), past the limit.

Keep in mind that thin also doesn't mean comfortable. I like thin necks, and I own 3 Ibanez guitars, but the Ultra Wizard neck on my RG2120X is my favorite of the three, and it's slightly thicker and a bit rounder than your typical Wizard is.
I was told that the original ibanez wizard necks on the RG550 circa 1987 were the thinnest production necks produced, i don't know if they are, but i have a RG550 reissue and its about 17mm thick at the first fret, 20mm at the twelve.

I also have a S470 with a Wizard II neck, and its alot thicker, although still much thinner than say your average strat.
Parker Fly, anyone?

They're reinforced with some sort of material (carbon glass epoxy, I think) that makes ridiculously rigid, so they can make them really thin, even out of a relatively low-density wood like basswood. Easily the thinnest neck I've ever played.
Quote by sashki
Parker Fly, anyone?

They're reinforced with some sort of material (carbon glass epoxy, I think) that makes ridiculously rigid, so they can make them really thin, even out of a relatively low-density wood like basswood. Easily the thinnest neck I've ever played.

Strong contender, thinner than just about any neck I've played.

I think the neck on the Dean Rusty Cooley signature models are pretty thin as well, I've never played one myself but the thin-ness of the neck was one of the things they originally marketed it on.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.