So I'm going to college in 11 days and I need to get a decent practice setup.

At home I have a halfstack and pedals and the like, but that is clearly not going to college with me.

I have a sweet laptop, decent speakers, and an really good pair of sennheiser IEM's.

What I need, is something to plug my guitar directly into my computer with so I can practice/record/etc. I have used the line 6 ux1, and I had to many problems with it to want to use it, so i sold it.

I want something similar, but I don't know what. The Jamvox perhaps? Any thoughts?
I use a lexicon lambda (alpha is the single input version) and thats worked really well with me on garage band, FLstudio and logic. i dont love it for actual playing but for headphones and recording, my line 6 spider 3 doesnt do too bad. good luck with your first semester man, enjoy the hell out of it
do you have a PC or a Mac, and what problem were you having with the Line 6 ux1?

i am no expert on any of this, just thought i could get you a jump on what the next person would ask.

i used guitar port a long time ago, and i imagine that the ux1 is similar, but wouldn't be able to help you with it.

there are tons of these threads around here (you are the third one i have seen in the last half hour), look for other ideas in some of those.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
I've never used anything but my RP150. It has a cool effect editing interface with X-Edit. You can line in record with it. I dunno, though, I've never had experience with anything else, so it could totally suck. Haha. I like it though. If you go with Digitech probably RP255 is the best+cheapest.
1966 Stella Harmony Acoustic
Epiphone Dot Studio
Fender Starcaster (Made by 5 year olds in China)
THE Epiphone Mandolin
Dean 7 String (Totally Korean)
Yamaha C45m
Mitchell 12 MD100S

More Strings=More Range=More BadAssery
Focusrite Saffire 6. I have one and it's amazing, perfect sound quality and you can either record or play "live" using Amplitube, Guitar Rig etc.
what issues did you have with the ux1? i've used the gx just for headphone playing and had no problems with it? also how much are you willing to pay? may help suggest you something
Amps:
Orange Rocker 30
Marshall JCM 800 1960 4x12
Guitars:
Ibanez SAS32EXFM White
Epiphone SG G400
Pedals:
Boss SD-1
Boss GE-7
Behringer TU-300

www.myspace.com/oceansatealaska
The rp355 has a great computer patch editor called x edit. The recording quality is great and I highly recommend it.
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
I've got a pc. Also, I'd only like to spend about $100. The focusrite is another item I've been looking to get. So Maybe I'll get that instead?

I have a hatred for line 6 for some reason. The UX1 I got was literally a shitstorm of problems.
Quote by TheMastodon

I have a hatred for line 6 for some reason. The UX1 I got was literally a shitstorm of problems.

PODs are one of the few things that Line 6 makes of actual quality. It's what I used all throughout college. Never had a single problem and haven't played anything I'd rather have in terms of convenience/value.
Music Man JPX 6
Ibanez RGT220H
Fender 50th Anniversary Deluxe Strat
93 Jackson Std Professional (Japan)
03 Gibson LP Special
Alvarez AD60SC

Mesa Single Rectifier/Mesa 4x12 cab
Mesa Transatlantic TA-15
Hughes & Kettner Triplex
I used Line 6 POD Farm with the UX1, but in retrospect I would go with the UX2 since it has phantom power if you ever want to take recording somewhat seriously.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals