Page 1 of 2

Was posted over at HC and Ola on Sneap confirmed its existence. Discuss!
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Last edited by MatrixClaw at Aug 22, 2011,
Eagerly awaiting your NAD, MC.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
Eagerly awaiting your NAD, MC.

I dunno if I'll like it, TBH. Not a huge fan of EL-84s, though I did like them in the JCA20 and the Classic 30, but that's about it Wish they would've put 6V6s in it, then we could've put some real tubes in there

Still want to check it out though. Not sure it'll be better than a Krank Rev Jr. Pro for the money, though. Still REALLY want that 50w 5150 III head... if it ever comes out!
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
this is totally gonna be like the trirec and never some out..
mojostompboxes.com
Cross your fingers, some Rusky may want one.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
I was looking for something like this a while ago. It will probably be overpriced here in europe and I most likely won't buy it even if I have the money, but still can't wait what other people think about it
Quote by Cathbard
Cross your fingers, some Rusky may want one.

Probably will!
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Looks sweet, however, I think $750 for just the head is pushing it a bit.

Edit: On second thought... Maybe it's not that bad. If it were $50 cheaper I would like it better, but considering the price of a normal Rec, this seems fair enough.
NOW PART OF THE

Quote by Robchappers
You are epic my friend ;-)
Quote by RU Experienced?
At this point I'd be more surprised if you found me a Christian children's entertainer that didn't sodomize and eat kids.
Last edited by GibsonMan321 at Aug 22, 2011,
Well THEN. My GAS has been completely reset to this amp.
Fender Deluxe Lonestar Stratocaster, Blackstar HT-5RS, Roland Micro Cube, Alvarez Regent Acoustic
Wishlist:
Carvin V3M
Agile AL-3100 Silverburst
That thing is sweet! I can see myself getting one for dicking around around the house, when I don't want to bust out the big amps. But then again, my Vypyr Tube covers that perfectly. Still cool that it's such a low wattage
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Looks really really interesting, waiting for tone clips or until a shop around here has them.
Cute.

Whats with the EL84s?

Might be a good studio amp if the price is right in the UK. One of those cabs would be sweet too.

But i allready have a high gain head with EL84s. Orange can pull it off, dunno about mesa.
Want...

But I would probably buy a proper full sized used single rec instead for the same cost.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
I think this mini rec is too loud for bedroom use i'm not interested until they make a 5 watt version.
Quote by coolstoryangus
I think this mini rec is too loud for bedroom use i'm not interested until they make a 5 watt version.

I can gig in my band with a 5W amp - What I really need is a 1W or .25W amp.

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by AcousticMirror
ahahahahahahahaha.

i lol'd

+1
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
yeah.

also at the price it's likely to be (here in europe, anyway) you might as well just get a recto.

i mean look at the prices of those transatlantics. Never tried them, but they're meant to be the "cheap" mesa. They are in the US. Here in europe they have a mesa badge, so they're instantly >£1000.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I don't know why you're so mad, Plexi reissues are $2700 over here.

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
yer i was playing a mesa transatlantic and loved it. Although the £1000 price tag means even tho its the cheapest mesa its still way outta my price range for now... This thing looks sweet. But like dave said in europe mesa is stupid expensive, probably be around the £800 mark.
Woot, why buy a POS fire hazard Bugera when you can have the real deal!
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Quote by ragingkitty
Woot, why buy a POS fire hazard Bugera when you can have the real deal!

Except it isnt really.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by Tom 1.0
Except it isnt really.

At the very least you have a Mesa nameplate rather than that of a thief.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Quote by Offworld92
I don't know why you're so mad, Plexi reissues are $2700 over here.

yeah, but you also have a bunch of homegrown cloners making nice plexi-style amps for more sensible money. We don't have a UK (or even EU) Mesa cloner.

Also, I just checked the price of the 1959HW (I assume that's the one you mean). The price I got on an online site which is normally reasonable value (I'm not checking 15 different sites, lol) was just over £1400.

At the current exchange rate, that equates to $2335.

So yeah, you're talking an extra $350 (actually the price I got wa $2799, so let's say $450). Which is an upcharge of ~20% over the UK price.

Whereas with Mesas you're talking close to double the price here (an extra $1000, at least). You're normally in the high 80s if not 90s percentagewise regarding the upcharge for mesas in europe over their US prices.

So maybe you can start to understand why i'm annoyed.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Aug 22, 2011,
True, but our exchange rate is really ****ed up right now... idk

That is odd though - are they marking up just to mark up? Or is there an actual currency related reason for such a huge mark up?

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
no i got the current exchange rate from XE.com. It's accurate, and current.

this isn't a new thing either, ever since I've been keeping an eye on guitar prices (probably the past 10 years or so), it's been broadly the same, regardless of the exchange rate at the time. if the exchange rate changed, so did prices.

there are a bunch of reasons. We have a 20% sales tax, and another couple or three percent for customs, so that instantly adds on to the price. And the stuff has to be shipped from the US.

But still, we're getting reamed on them. I'd have no real problem if they were 30-40% dearer than in the US, to take account for those added charges we have. The problem is they aren't 30-40% dearer, they're 80-90% dearer (sometimes more than 100%, depending on the model).
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?

They clearly just wanted to make a little diamond plate rectifier stack for all the 14 year old punk guitarists that want the look of a rec stack for their super awesome punk band but can't lift the cab... If the camera zooms just right it'll look like a full size one.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Quote by beckyjc
5watt mini rec?

Whats the point. Theyre made for preamp distortion.

Twas a joke
To be fair dave its the same deal with orange/matamp over in the US.

Id rather have an orange/matamp than a mesa though so i guess its win win.

^I realised after i posted it, there seems to be some new fad thats crept up i didnt know about.
Quote by Tom 1.0
Want...

But I would probably buy a proper full sized used single rec instead for the same cost.

Buy mine
My gear-
Schecter C-1 Classic
Mesa Boogie 2 Ch. Dual Rectifier(blackface)
And some pedals

For sale Minty Ibanez RGA7 seven string with tour grade hsc $330+s/h or best offer!
PM me if interested

R.I.P Ashley S. Jean
I Jizzed my pants

25 watts is for a mesa is fukcing loud. My DC-2 through a 4X12 made short work of most high powered amps.
gear
-Giablo JTM45
-Hook 2X12
-fender hw1 strat
-Fender AVRI 62 strat
Quote by GibsonMan321
Looks sweet, however, I think $750 for just the head is pushing it a bit.

Edit: On second thought... Maybe it's not that bad. If it were $50 cheaper I would like it better, but considering the price of a normal Rec, this seems fair enough.

Actually that's just the dealer price, which incidentally should not have been leaked...

Someone's in trouble!
Page 1 of 2