Hi everybody,

I'm searching for some bad-ass pick ups that have a heavier sound then the P-90 pick ups. I am not looking for a heavy metal sound but just something with more crunch!

can anybody help me ?

grtz XfreeztYleX
Seymour Duncan has a lot of great pickups that will give you more power without necessarily laying out a "metal" tone. JB, SH-5, and SH-11 models are all very versatile and any of them might have the tone you're after.
My Main Gear:
ESP Eclipse II
Jackson RRT-5
Dean Michael Schenker Signature Yin Yang
ESP LTD EC-1000 Deluxe
Gibson 2016 Les Paul Traditional T
Marshall JVM 410H/1960V Cabinet
What amp are you playing through, dude? You won't really get the ballsy sound you're after without a ballsy amp tbh.
Quote by Cathbard
You don't need epic tone in the bedroom any more than you need mood lighting to masturbate.

Ah right, fair enough :P As breadfan suggested, a JB/'59 set would be a good idea although it'd be nice to know what guitar they're going into.
Quote by Cathbard
You don't need epic tone in the bedroom any more than you need mood lighting to masturbate.

Quote by Twistedrock
Ah right, fair enough :P As breadfan suggested, a JB/'59 set would be a good idea although it'd be nice to know what guitar they're going into.

+1, although I like the Jazz instead of 59', 59's seems a little too bassy.
an ibanez , strat from 1961 ( i tried to upload a photo but the site don't allows it...)
I used to play on EMG, but the moment I switched to Seymour Duncan, the quality just climbed exponentially! Sound can range from jazzy round clean, to bright slightly crunch clean, all the way to great round and bright heavy sound with so much variation in tonality.

For me at least, EMG pickups felt a bit thinner, and lacked some depth.
Quote by egnaterya
+1, although I like the Jazz instead of 59', 59's seems a little too bassy.

Interesting, because I find the Jazz to be too bassy. The 59 cleans up better in the neck and is more open. The hotter wind of the Jazz adds some congestion in the low mids that is just generally unpleasant in a rolled-off clean tone. Both sound great for medium-high gain leads. However, I tried the 59 in an LTD EC at Guitar Center through a Bugera, and I tired the Jazz in an RR3 through a Randall MTS.\

Want balls and crunch? Duncan JB, maybe a Gibson 498T, and a Bare Knuckle Black Dog all sound like good ideas.
Quote by XfreeztYleX
an ibanez , strat from 1961 ( i tried to upload a photo but the site don't allows it...)

Upload to photobucket or Imageshack, and post the URL with IMG codes around it.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Last edited by Shinozoku at Aug 22, 2011,
If you want crunch, the crunch lab would be a good choice. Nice sound for a ceramic.
Guitars & Gear:
Parker Nitefly M
Sumer Metal Driver
Ibanez RGD2120Z
AMT SS-11B
Two Notes Torpedo CAB