Hi there,
if I were to buy a LTD EC 1000 to play hard rock/classic rock/a bit of metal (Metallica, not heavier than that) should I buy the two "Seymour Duncan Alnico II Pro" version or the "Seymour Duncan JB (bridge), SD ’59 (neck)" version?

And why?

I heard a very good combination could be JB/Antiquity Jazz (http://www.seymourduncan.com/newproducts/antiquity-jb-jazz-set.php) but for now I'm talking about stock pups only... I just want to make sure to buy the combination closest to my needs.

Thanks a lot!
JB/59 version, nothing wrong with the Alinco IIs but I would imagine they may be a bit vintage'y for you, I also think the JB/59 set are awesome together and give a great variety of tones across the spectrum

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Thanks... the real bummer is LTD makes my favorite color (Goldtop) only with Alnicos... I wonder if it's possible to switch the pickups mantaining the same price but I highly doubt it
how much hard rock/classic rock/bit of metal?

i'd say jb/59 too, but if the colour you want comes with the alnico pros, get that one and swap the pickups later.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Dave_Mc I think you're right. Metal is not very important, I'll mostly play hard rock and rock... In the end I think I'll get the goldtop and change the stock pickups, but not immediately.

Pickups aside, I've already planned (and photoshopped) some changes I'd like to do on the goldtop... black metal pickup mounting ring, black knobs, humbuckers split with push-pull, 500k pots, graphtech nut. Do you like it?

Original:

With my mods:

It depends on the taste, but I think my version is a bit "badder" (even though less elegant) and quite more original.
Last edited by davidrf at Aug 22, 2011,
You can always just swap out the magnets. It takes 5 minutes. The pickups may not sound good with Alnico 5s or Ceramics though.
yeah that's kinda like the joe bonamassa gibson

as long as you don't mind people always asking if you're copying joe bonamassa, it's nice
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
yeah that's kinda like the joe bonamassa gibson

as long as you don't mind people always asking if you're copying joe bonamassa, it's nice

WTF i wasn't aware of that Bonamassa signature... I'll sue his ass pretending my design came before
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
The JB/59 combo has always been my favorite HH configuration. Going into an EC-1000, I would go as far as to say I'm jealous
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER