Hello guys, here's our new recording (all original) entitled Juggershock!

http://www.reverbnation.com/juggershock

If you liked it, the song is free for download from our website (in signature)

Let us know what you think or if you need further info! Cheers and keep it heavy!

-Jex
nice

edit: it was one of those instrumentals where i kind of forgot i was meant to be giving feedback on. it just flowed really well.

the drums are awesome.

good concept, good execution, well produced. although, it might just be my speakers, but i could have done with heavier guitars, particularly around the main hooks, i think the drums were somewhat louder than the guitars.

i have terrible speakers on my laptop, geuinely, so i really dont know if it was the recording or not.

anyway... nice.
Last edited by voodoochild23 at Aug 22, 2011,
Quote by voodoochild23
nice

edit: it was one of those instrumentals where i kind of forgot i was meant to be giving feedback on. it just flowed really well.

the drums are awesome.

good concept, good execution, well produced. although, it might just be my speakers, but i could have done with heavier guitars, particularly around the main hooks, i think the drums were somewhat louder than the guitars.

i have terrible speakers on my laptop, geuinely, so i really dont know if it was the recording or not.

anyway... nice.

drums are definitely a bit overpowering, but other than that I don't really have any problems with it
Thanks a lot guys for the feedback, very much appreciated!

I do try to test the sound on many outlets (monitors, Mac, laptop, car, iPod), and normally laptops (at least mine) show the poorest quality.

For the drums, I kind of have the same feeling that it is a bit louder than necessary (especially the snare), so I could possibly reduce it by just a tiny notch for the coming songs at least.

I would say overall sound quality from my different testings with different speakers at different volumes:

Assuming studio level is 10/10

Studio monitors: 10/10
iMac: 8/10
Car: 7/10
iPod: a very good 9/10
Laptop: lousy 4/10 with an old school Dell HP

Thanks a lot again!
I think one thing that would help the track is a better recording of guitars with a chunkier tone.
Nice, great instrumental but it could work well with some vocals. I agree with the others that the drums are a bit high in the mix but I like loud drums and it sounds great playing through my bass amp.

I look forwards to hearing more sometime.
Heavy metal?
And the song is pretty much straight-forward minor riffing all the way...
But it's cool anyways.
Quote by JB95
Heavy metal?
And the song is pretty much straight-forward minor riffing all the way...
But it's cool anyways.

Hi JB, thanks for your feedback.

Well that is basically the intention, to have the music straight-forward and quite raw, without losing too much musical depth.

Now that is only one track, but on overall our music will not be overly melodic, or be overly technical, and that is why we preferred to keep the Punkish feel to it: punchy sound, easy flowing. I think from that aspect we pass.

Whether you would like to call it heavy metal or not, is an opinion we surely respect.

At any rate, we are not too sensitive about genre categorization.
Quote by JUGGERSHOCK
Now that is only one track, but on overall our music will not be overly melodic, or be overly technical, and that is why we preferred to keep the Punkish feel to it: punchy sound, easy flowing. I think from that aspect we pass.

I like that philosophy! Let the riffs do the talking and don't over-sugar things with too many harmonies. And there comes a point where technical starts to sound awkward and you'd rather the music just grooved.

Good instrumental. The last riff is especially good, although it sounds somewhat familiar.

The commentors are right about the guitar sound, though. Volume and bass missing from the EQ.

I would appreciate your comments on my own metal instrumental: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1472702