Hi there, i'm wanting to put together a decent mixtape for a mate of mine, one very suitable for late night driving. On the way back from a club the other night i playing him the Deadmau5 track "Faxing Berlin" (2 minute 30 version) which he said he had never heard before but really liked. He's into a bit of techno and house music so i wanted to make him a sort of down-tempo mix.

Having looked up Faxing Berlin on wiki then 'Progressive House' i was lead to Sasha's "Xpander"which is also suitable. I'd use more Deadmau5 in the mix but i find some of his songs too long, whereas something like Booka Shade's 'Movements' album has far more digestible tracks. Also with Deadmau5, Faxing Berlin is quite different to some of his other stuff, but i'm looking for more tracks like that.

So really i'm asking for suggestions and recommendations of some good down-tempo (prog) house, techno, psy-trance etc. to make a stellar late-night drive mixtape, in the vein of the two tracks mentioned.

Thanks
"If you want beef, then bring the ruckus." - Marilyn Monroe
Leftfield - Release The Pressure
Shpongle - Divine Moments of Truth
Pantha Du Prince - Stick To My Side
Four Tet - Plastic People
Tycho - Dictaphone's Lament
Shinichi Osawa - Paris
Fuck Buttons - Surf Solar
Quote by ChemicalFire
The point of underground bands is their not popular or famous most of the time. Thus there is a good chance they suck.
Last edited by eazy-c at Aug 22, 2011,
All good suggestions, thanks guys!
"If you want beef, then bring the ruckus." - Marilyn Monroe
La Deng - Frederik Van Hooft

possibly one of my favorite prog house tracks of all time
My Gear:

Ibanez RG450LTDBC
Boss GT-8
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Behringer guitar
Behringer V-Tone GM108 Amp
...and my fingers.