i found my avt didn't really like being boosted, the sound could cut out etc.

a tubescreamer didn't seem to be just so bad, so i dunno, maybe the tonerider version?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Digitech bad monkey?
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
If you don't want a gainy boost, you may just want to get an EQ pedal. The MXR 10-band has controls for gain and level in addition to the frequency sliders. I want to say the MXR is around $115 or so but I'm not positive. If you don't want to spend that much, Danelectro makes a pedal called the Fish N' Chips, which is around $30. It's plastic, so it's not the toughest, but it's a great little EQ pedal from what I've heard.

EDIT: v Or this. Essentially the same thing.
Ben
Last edited by muffinman123192 at Aug 22, 2011,
If all he really wants is a solo boost, just plug in and show him that the EQ does the job. If he still doesn't want it, then it just seems like he wants an OD just for the sake of having an OD
Ben
Boosts will typically give you more gain and make the amp tighter, neither of which is a problem with the AVT to begin with.

Put an EQ pedal or at least a volume pedal in the loop.
Quote by Lespauljames
Ideally, id like him to get a new amp... :P.
tonerider Ts, okay ill check that out.
is that the red american overdirve ?
we could probably stretch the budget, 50 was just a rough un!

yeah, that's the one

you could up the budget, though if it is (as is alleged) a true bypass tubescreamer clone, not sure there's much point, especially if he's hanging onto the avt. I mean the tonerider stuff seems to be made pretty well, and as you say, changing the amp is pretty much a necessity, there's no point in blowing the budget on a boutique pedal (which mightn't be any better) when he needs a new amp.

volume, eq or boost in the loop, as several other people have suggested, might be a better idea, too.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?