Ok, so my band have just recorded our first EP and are about to begin discussions on how to package it and what to put on the cover. Our singer came up with the plan to record five songs for three EP's and then re-release them as an album containing fifteen songs later on.

How do people generally go about getting professional looking cover art for their CDs?

One of my ideas was to have a photograph of a fruit on each of the three EP's, and then a bowl of many on the album. What do you think guys... yay or nay?
Fruit would work for an indie or punk band I guess, but if you play metal...
🙈 🙉 🙊
Definitely need to know the style of music before suggesting how you should represent it on your covers.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Well, we have quite a few pop rockish songs... but we like to call ourselves Alternative now.
Quote by Alkaline 64
Well, we have quite a few pop rockish songs... but we like to call ourselves Alternative now.

Go for the fruit then.
🙈 🙉 🙊
I like the idea of using pictures of an individual thing for the EPs, then a collection of them for the album.

How using an egg, a pig and a potato for the EPs, and a nice fried breakfast with egg, sausage, bacon and hash browns for the album?

There's probably 100's of ways you could go with that sort of idea....
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
How about a cake, jason voorhees in a bikini, and a sledgehammer on each respective EP, and then jason voorhees having sex with a hammer and eating a cake on the album?

or maybe him smashing the cake with the hammer, if you want to be boring.
Praise the Z-Dog, my DADDY
^ I'd be all for that, but of course the rest of my band had to be sane...

Quote by GaryBillington
I like the idea of using pictures of an individual thing for the EPs, then a collection of them for the album.

How using an egg, a pig and a potato for the EPs, and a nice fried breakfast with egg, sausage, bacon and hash browns for the album?

There's probably 100's of ways you could go with that sort of idea....

Thanks man, that's a really cool idea too!
Get a picture of Death Valley or some Dessert or whatever and mess around with the contrast and stuff.