Hallo, This is something that has been bothering me for quite a while now. Me and my friend from school both have Fender squier stratocasters in our guitar collections. However mine has 'Affinity series' written on its head, and my friend's strat doesn't.

Also the pickups in his guitar have gold writing on them. I cant remember exactly what the writing is but its either 'Fender' or 'Squier' whereas the pickups on mine have nothing written on them.

Just wander if anyone can explain what is so special (or not so special) about the Affinity series squier strats and maybe as to why his pickups are labelled. ( both of out guitars are entirely stock)

Cheers guys
Jared
They are not special, they are cheap.

Maybe the pickups are labeled to trick people into thinking it's a classy guitar?
The affinities are nothing special, they are really hit or miss on quality, usually being miss.
Affinitys are the second tear up price wise if I'm not mistaken. Like it goes Bullet<Affinity<Standard. Why the other guys pickups are labeled, idk.
Quote by BlockFour
Affinitys are the second tear up price wise if I'm not mistaken. Like it goes Bullet<Affinity<Standard. Why the other guys pickups are labeled, idk.

I see maybe that is why his sounds alot nicer, more solid,because his is a standard . Mine is still a nice guitar to play and stuff, it was the first guitar i ever had but im thinking about changing the pickups on it.