Page 1 of 2
Remember about 4 or 5 years ago when being an "Emo" kid was a big stigma, and the whole scene seemed to be the punchline of every trend or music joke?

I can't help but feel that "Hipster" has become that level. It has a negative connotation, and it seems like EVERYONE can be called a Hipster for some reason or another. There are the stereotypes, sure, but I'm sure just about anyone could find a reason for anyone else to be called a Hipster.

What do you think? Is the term becoming too broad and empty?
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Last edited by JustRooster at Aug 22, 2011,
I don't know wtf a "hipster" is

EDIT: *googles* oh, them. Yeah I hate that too
Last edited by SilverSpurs616 at Aug 22, 2011,
Quote by SilverSpurs616
I don't know wtf a "hipster" is

Even if this is a joke answer, that's kinda the point.
I was saying hipsters are becoming like emos before anyone else did.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
I think that's true. I don't see what the big deal is. I really like the hipster style (clothing, accessories, etc), I like indie music (sometimes even "underground" bands), and I have dark rimmed glasses. I don't consider myself a hipster (at least the stereotypical pretentious version). People are just looking to label others. Oh well. Live your own life.
Yes, there's always one big scene which becomes popular then becomes laughed at until replaced by the next scene, etc.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
I'm part of an Anti-Hipster Movement, but you've probably never heard of it.
No gods or kings. There is only zuul.
Quote by RU Experienced?
Now police, fire, and EMS vehicle's sirens sound in tritones. Suck it Christians, your protectors are satans minions.

I have been sigged by UG's Greek, what have YOU done today?
^

a stereotypical hipster disconnects themselves from the norm by doing the opposite of the norm.

a stereotypical emo is just emotional all the time, wears dark clothing and listens to 'emo' music.
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
So what, who cares. Are you really that sad that you have to poke fun at stereotypes? just leave it
This will start a RIOT! in me
Now that you mention it, you're probably right.
DeVillains!
Hipsters are definitely the new emo's. It's the new trend, give it another 4 or 5 years and we'll be saying "remember those hipsters?". The thing I absolutely love about hipster being a trend is that it's popularity is the antithesis of what it's meant to be haha.
Quote by Gajewa469
I think that's true. I don't see what the big deal is. I really like the hipster style (clothing, accessories, etc), I like indie music (sometimes even "underground" bands), and I have dark rimmed glasses. I don't consider myself a hipster (at least the stereotypical pretentious version). People are just looking to label others. Oh well. Live your own life.

HIPSTER ALERT!!!
Quote by Paramore.
So what, who cares. Are you really that sad that you have to poke fun at stereotypes? just leave it

I love stereotypes
GEAR
Squier Strat

Custom Audio Electronics MC404 CAE Wah
MXR Custom Badass '78 Distortion
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Boss RC-3 Looper

Marshall JVM 205C
But emos used to have awesome music. Don't forget that.
i don't know why i feel so dry
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGLv3IEL0VI

Emos and hipsters are the same thing.
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Quote by Paramore.

Nah, stereotypes are fun to make fun of.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVmmYMwFj1I
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Last edited by WCPhils at Aug 22, 2011,
Quote by MakinLattes
Isn't that the point?

shaaaazam.
hipsters are cooler than emos
Quote by Robchappers
Ha ha love you to dude ;-)

Quote by fearofthemark
10/10 Slater is amazing

Fender Deluxe Roadhouse Strat
Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Washburn D46S
Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah
Fulltone OCD Overdrive
Boss SD-1 Overdrive
MXR M-148 Micro Chorus
Jet City JCA2112RC 20W
Quote by jetfuel495
Only if you have a negative perception of it.

I take pride in my hipster-dom. Yeah, I cuff my jeans and buy vinyl records. Yeah, my jeans and music are better than yours. What of it?

Agreed. No need to be ashamed of our artistic superiority.
Quote by laid-to-waste
^

a stereotypical hipster disconnects themselves from the norm by doing the opposite of the norm.

a stereotypical emo is just emotional all the time, wears dark clothing and listens to 'emo' music.

A hipster is just an emo kid that grew a beard, messed his hair up and got rid of the band shirt for a lumberjack shirt.
Quote by jetfuel495
Zatch, you are indeed a good man.
Soap, you are indeed a good man.

Also, the hipster look (or what I think it is) looks better than the emo look.
Page 1 of 2