I run my Rockson Stratocaster through a Marshall MG30DFX (30W) amp.

I plugged in a couple of weeks ago to find all the tone has gone and I don't quite get that crisp sound that I love. I thought it was just a minor fault and it'd go away eventually. But (obviously) it hasn't. I've tried changing the guitar lead through the 5 I have and nothing's changed.
Is it the guitar or the amp that's broken? Any ideas on how to fix it?

PS. before the trolls come in, yes the tone knob on my guitar is up to full and all amp settings are set to Metal (see Marshall recommendations).
What do you mean by your tone has disappeared? Did you change your practice space? Are you comparing venue to practice?
Yeah, this is a bit ambiguous. Do you change practice spaces? Do you change your strings on a schedule? Sometimes ears evolve, or moods change preference. I change my EQ all the time.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Your tone realized it was coming from a MG, then it ran away.
LTD Viper 1000 Deluxe
Simon & Patrick CW GT Vintageburst
Egnater Vengeance
ISP Technologies Theta (for sale)
ISP Technologies Vector (for sale)
Randall RG75DG2
Maxon OD808
Boss Super Shifter PS-5
Boss Chromatic Tuner TU-3
Quote by PatrickChampoux
Your tone realized it was coming from a MG, then it ran away.

#1 joke of the day. Sig'd.

Muck around a bit. Also a good description of what your tone was like and is now would truely halp. I got killer evh tone (imo) one day so great I saved the settings, next day after plugging in I thought it sounded like poop. Its happened like 500 times now for me, I dunno if thats the case but as stated already, tastes change. Sometimes bloody quickly.
Last edited by DimebagZappa at Aug 22, 2011,
I always find that after a few months of playing my strings start to get slightly rusty and the tone (especially on the thinnest 3 strings) gets really bad. I would suggest restringing But like some of the other guys have said, sometimes you get 'bored' with the tone and it doesn't seem quite as awesome. switch things up EQ wise also. keep it new and exiting
I don't think it's the strings.

Well I can't describe my tone other than crisp. Turn your treble up to 7, your bass down to 4, contour to 6, and the tone knob on the guitar to full. (My usual sound)
Then turn your tone knob all the way down to 0. Mine sounds like that now :S
The practice space hasn't changed, and my ears are fine.

Ill try changing the strings, then might bring in a friend with their guitar to see if it's the amp if the new strings don't work.

If there's still nothing I'll have to get a new guitar or amp -.-' furrrrrrrr
It's the amp. Get a new amp.
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
^^^

I couldn't find much about rockson guitars on teh googulz but maybe that strat has active pups??? If it does then change the batteries.
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
if you have any pedals, check batteries

new amp should help

or try cranking the MG
HILT!

Where's Waldo?

Only one explanation.

Tone fairies.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"