So I was trying one out in the shop today. Obviously I didn't get a chance to try out everything. But does anyone own this and can recommend it?

Just wondering if it's worth it. If not, what multi effects can you recommend in the same price range?

Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
ESP LTD MH-1000NT
Marshall AVT100
Boss ME-70

Quote by stratdud39
Thank you for your words of wisdom.
I have the ME-25 a cheaper version and I really like it!
Without trying the ME-70 I would recommend it. It's really easy to use, also great live (with some practice ofc), it have great distorted sounds (love them!) and nice cleans.
It is really worth it. Buy!
Last edited by Metal-pro at Aug 22, 2011,
I recommend it. I've had mine for two years and I'm still figuring things out(in a good way as in I find new sounds and ways to set things up all the time). Its not very complicated so you can jump in quickly. I've seen the next level up from the ME-70 and its huge and way to complicated to mess with. There are a few sites that offer support as far as making "patches" (saved settings for replicating tone and such off of albums and popular songs).
As long as you're not regularly needing to stack effects since the chorus, rotary, ect are all on the same control slot.
What are they charging for it now any way?
Around $270. I'm in the uk though, its around £200.
I think I'm gonna go for it. Really loved the sound I got out of it in the shop (going though a practice amp).
Harmonist, the delay and the distortion were what really caught my ear.

Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
ESP LTD MH-1000NT
Marshall AVT100
Boss ME-70

Quote by stratdud39
Thank you for your words of wisdom.
I own the ME-70, and I have had it for a couple months. I would definitely recommend it if you are not willing to put about $1000 into building your own pedal rig.
If you plan on using more than 4 or 5 of it's features I would definitely recommend it,
if not I would suggest that you just get your distortion and whatever in individual pedals if you plan on using less than 3 effects.
Overall It's an amazing for practicing and just messing around, but if you plan to do any gigging with it or you are trying to "find your sound" I would not recommend this pedal.
But if you have used other Multi-Effects pedals and like the sound of them, this one is pretty good.
Last edited by daylightdies370 at Aug 22, 2011,
The digtech rp units IMO are way better for the price you pay. IMO, boss mfx units are overpriced and you get so much more features and effects with the rp units than with the boss units.
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
Boss, ewewwwww... Overpriced.
Hmm... I see. Read the "truth about mfx" in my sig and tell me what you think about it.
Well it didn't really reveal much truth, my opinion is the same. I like analog effects. There are some nice mfx when you get way up in price (G-system is one that comes to mind), but in general I prefer multiple single pedals. Stuff like the Boss ME-70 can be great for noodling around in your house, but I find the OD/Dist the biggest let down with digital effects. The moduations and delays aren't that bad really, but again, I just prefer single analog pedals.

The lead guitarist in our band has been using an ME-70 for a few years now and came up to me the other day and told me he wanted to sell it and go for individual pedals because he was unhappy with his sound. He is an amazing guitar player, so lack of skill isn't the reason. He plugged into a few of my pedals and said that he loved the sound he was getting a whole hell of a lot more. You live and you learn.
Yeah, but the cost of buying single pedals adds up quick. But Liking single pedals is fine too.
Last edited by kutless999 at Aug 22, 2011,
I advocate the use of multi fx if someone is just starting out and doesn't know what they need/want. It can be a great way to learn what you will use and what you won't. Especially after a few gigs, you start to realize what you want and what you need/use are two completely different things.

For example, I have several pedals awaiting craigslist and eBay that I bought and just found that I never used. Luckily for me they were all cheap pedals, but they showed me what I did and didn't need.

Plus, most people starting out would be wasting their money to throw a $200 overdrive pedal in front of a Fender Frontman or Marshall MG.
Yeah, I've seen too many people buy a ds1 or something and put it in front of their MG or modeling amp and then they come on here and complain about it not sounding good. Hmm... I wonder why?

I found out with my rp that I like phasers, reverbs, delays, tremolos, wah, and maybe chorus and flange. Now I know what I like so some day if i want real pedals, I'll know what to get.
I've gone many different routes with pedalboards, multiple effects, and VST. The Boss ME-70 is great when plugged into the effects loop of an amp. With that being said, I never used the COSM amp sims even through the cleanest of clean amp channels- they sounded too tinny and fake. The delays, pre-amp, and modulation were excellent though.

One thing I didn't like was the inability to change the effect routing, but I couldn't complain too much for a $299 price tag.

I have also owned a Line 6 POD 2.0 and it lacked tone through a normal amp setup. Recording-wise, it was great.

Single effect pedals give you a definite advantage customization-wise, but are very costly. I can also tell you that most of those pedals have more adjust-ability than a ME-70 would allow for any given effect. For instance, the ME-70's looper differed greatly than my RC-2 in function and adjustments. Then again, the ME-70 is just giving you a functional sample of the "standalone" version.

Then we get to VSTs. If you're willing to spend some money, VSTs are the way to go in my opinion. Nothing will ever truly beat the tube-sound (some of the best effect pedals still use tubes IMO), but VSTs are getting damn close. I used to route the effects loop like this:

Guitar -> Amp -> Effect Loop Out -> Digital Interface -> PC -> VST Banks -> Dig. Interface -> Effect Loop In -> Cab

I could then mess with the signal any way I wanted. I could toss every pedal in existence in and have full functionality. But, it's very costly done right. I messed around with trial versions to see if it was worth it. Personally, I think that everything is moving that way. Bring a laptop on stage and pedals in the closet back home. I may be wrong, but you can't deny the amount of post-processing that occurs in today's music and even live performances.

Anyways, the ME-70 is great for the money, but don't count too heavily on the COSM or other ampsim models.
i prefer single pedals... to me a multi fx is a jack of all trades, master of none type deal
Call me Chris
Quote by jimihendrix6699
had a blast until the person in front of me whipped out his dick and started pissing all over the floor..

Ducks and guitars or fish and guitars. I lead a simple existence