Page 1 of 5
Windows 8 is scheduled to be released in late 2012. Roughly a year from now. Should I just buy a computer with Windows 7 now, and forget Windows 8, or should I wait a year and buy a computer with Windows 8?

I have a Windows Vista laptop now. And it's not bad at all. It's really fast. Vista only sucks for people with sucky computers tbh...
Quote by progdude93
my fetish is dudes with dicks small enough to pee on their own sacks.
yeah, if your laptop is good with vista, upgrade to 7, it will be amazing
In all honesty I would suggest just getting a Mac. Windows isn't bad, but Mac to me is a lot better. Sorry if that's doesn't really answer your question.
You can always buy a new computer now if you need one and just buy the upgrade disk. Look for discounts on them. I got windows seven for twenty dollars when it came out through an engineering society, so just look for deals

Edit: unless you like spending 2.5k on a Mac that you can get similar spec pc's for 500. I wouldn't get one. There not a single advantage to their OS am all you're buying is apple Koolaid. The virus and usability schtik is bull.
Last edited by Chad11491 at Aug 22, 2011,
I have a computer with windows XP and a laptop with Windows 7... and, unless you have already used Windows 7 and like it, if you like XP at all, I would not recommend getting 7 or 8. I still regret getting a Laptop with 7 instead of XP. I hate everything about Windows 7, in my opinion, XP is better in every way and easier to use.... But that's just my opinion.
Quote by guio/billie-joe
In all honesty I would suggest just getting a Mac. Windows isn't bad, but Mac to me is a lot better. Sorry if that's doesn't really answer your question.

Dear god don't waste your money on a mac. Unless you like doing the equivilant of paying $10 for a cheeseburger at mcdonalds, rebranded as the "Awesome Burger."

Just get W7 if you must, w8 is just microsoft's attempt at making a touch-oriented os, with an option "classic" DE. They didn't fix any bugs or anything, from the looks of it. Except maybe a couple DoS-inviting flaws, but I'm not even sure about that.
Last edited by SlayingDragons at Aug 22, 2011,
7 sucks. 3 computers in my crib got it and its like wtf. u wanna slap it..
like its awesome if your going simple but besides that nahhhh it sucks.

im sure 8 isnt gonna be better.

xp gets praise cus its very 'open ended' you can modify it to a greater point then alot of operating systems.

macs are the best haha.
IMO you cant go wrong with a mac yes they're expensive but they'll be as good in 10 years time as they are the day you buy them and they're just more user friendly... and not to forget viruses will be a thing of the past!

But my opinion aside I would go for 7 cos it's probably the best windows yet in all fairness, then when 8 comes out wait for a while until a stable version comes out to avoid catastrophe then upgrade. Then again 8 might not even be that good! I was looking forward to OS X Lion... until i saw the reviews But dont forget mac is the way forward!! :P
Gear!!!!

Fender Lonestar Stratocaster w/ Seymour Duncan pearly Gates!!!
PRS SE Custom 24 Vintage Natural
Gibson Les Paul Signature T Trans Ebony
Engl Screamer 50
Quote by creelers
Vista only sucks for people that can't use computers.

False. Vista sucks for EVERYONE, and is nearly unusable for people that are particularly bad with computers.
WILDCARD, BITCHES!!

Call me Patrick! My username sucks anyway
Quote by MrWilson6
IMO you cant go wrong with a mac yes they're expensive but they'll be as good in 10 years time as they are the day you buy them and they're just more user friendly... and not to forget viruses will be a thing of the past!

But my opinion aside I would go for 7 cos it's probably the best windows yet in all fairness, then when 8 comes out wait for a while until a stable version comes out to avoid catastrophe then upgrade. Then again 8 might not even be that good! I was looking forward to OS X Lion... until i saw the reviews But dont forget mac is the way forward!! :P

Mac is a fucking cult. Watch "Pirates of the silicon valley." (It's about the stories of how Gates and Jobs rose to the places they are today.)

And macs aren't as secure as you'd think. They don't have the traditional locked-up unix kernel that the typical unix-compliant OS does.

And yeah, they'll be good until next year when Apple comes out with their next, greatest, perfect product that was supposed to be what you just bought.
Quote by SlayingDragons
And macs aren't as secure as you'd think. They don't have the traditional locked-up unix kernel that the typical unix-compliant OS does.

This. If security is important to you, get a Linux distro (I recommend Ubuntu, simply because it has probably the largest support network out there, so nearly every problem you might run across has a solution on the internet).

I dualboot W7 and Ubuntu, and I'm looking forward to getting my hands on the W8 beta
WILDCARD, BITCHES!!

Quote by SlayingDragons
Mac is a fucking cult. Watch "Pirates of the silicon valley." (It's about the stories of how Gates and Jobs rose to the places they are today.)

What's more annoying than people that think Macs are the best are the people that go on a tirade to bring up every reason why the suck.

They're pretty.
They're easy to use.

I fucking love my macbook. I'd suggest it to people curious in buying Apple products. Is it a powerhouse? No. Is it revolutionary? No. Do I give a shit? No.
umm no, ive seen the W8 preview build and it looks like its aimed for All-in-1 PC's and laptops with touchscreens.
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Quote by blake1221
What's more annoying than people that think Macs are the best are the people that go on a tirade to bring up every reason why the suck.

They're pretty.
They're easy to use.

I fucking love my macbook. I'd suggest it to people curious in buying Apple products. Is it a powerhouse? No. Is it revolutionary? No. Do I give a shit? No.

This

Get a Macbook TS. Mine is fucking great. Have had it for two years and have not had a single problem with it. It hasn't even crashed once. Best money I have ever spent.

The Apple haters are just as annoying as the people that live by what Jobs says.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Last edited by WCPhils at Aug 22, 2011,
Quote by blake1221

They're pretty.
They're easy to use.

I wouldn't bring up everything against them if people didn't treat them like some kind of religious diety. I don't mind them, and I might consider using it if it were fairly priced.
Quote by guio/billie-joe

Mac isn't better than Windows.
Windows isn't better than Mac.

They're different.
Quote by WCPhils
This

Get a Macbook TS. Mine is fucking great. Have had it for two years and have not had a single problem with it. It hasn't even crashed once. Best money I have ever spent.

The Apple haters are just as annoying as the people that live by what Jobs says.

i have nothing against Apple but they are OVERPRICED IMO.

with the kind of money a regular Macbook Pro cost you can get a HIGH END W7 Laptop that is capable of running newer games, something Macs will probably wont ever do.
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Why do Mac users insist on forcing their garbage computer software on everybody that asks a computer-related question? Is it an effort to justify spending too much money on crap? The guy CLEARLY said he is happy with Windows, so I doubt you'll be able to convince him to by a $1000 computer simply because it "looks nice, LOL".

That said, I don't have a problem with all Apple products. I think they make excellent hardware, and I own a couple of iPods myself. But c'mon, their computers are overpriced and overrated. Everyone knows this. And the company itself is made up of a bunch of assholes.

/rant
WILDCARD, BITCHES!!

Quote by SlayingDragons
I wouldn't bring up everything against them if people didn't treat them like some kind of religious diety. I don't mind them, and I might consider using it if it were fairly priced.

That's the thing though, no one treated them like a deity here. That one kid just said "in all honesty I think you should get a mac," and you brought out the big guns. Militant defense on either side of the argument is stupid, because it's their decision with their money to buy whatever the hell they want.
General rule of thumb, get what works. Right now, Windows 7 works well for a lot of people.

When windows 8 comes out, who knows how it will perform right out of the gate.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
i have nothing against Apple but they are OVERPRICED IMO.

with the kind of money a regular Macbook Pro cost you can get a HIGH END W7 Laptop that is capable of running newer games, something Macs will probably wont ever do.

I guess. I don't play PC games though. Just XBOX and Playstation.

I mean sure, they are probably a little overpriced, but I wouldn't trade it for a PC. I never had anything but problems with any other computer I had before I got my Macbook. IMO it's worth it.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Last edited by WCPhils at Aug 22, 2011,
Win 7 is good for computers with uptodate hardware, easy to modify, easy to use. They say Vista is just as good though with the current updates and service packs. I'd just wait. That way you wont pay for something you could already have.

A mac would be good for doing specific things a lot, but if you're like me and go hay-wire with software and modding things windows would be better.
BLANKBLANK
I propose that every uncalled-for suggestion by a Macfag be coupled with a $1,000 check from said fag so that the suggestion isn't absurd.

Coming from a Mac owner, by the way.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Microsoft has already said Windows 8 will run fine on anything that runs windows 7.
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
Quote by zippidyduda
Why do Mac users insist on forcing their garbage computer software on everybody that asks a computer-related question? Is it an effort to justify spending too much money on crap? The guy CLEARLY said he is happy with Windows, so I doubt you'll be able to convince him to by a $1000 computer simply because it "looks nice, LOL".

That said, I don't have a problem with all Apple products. I think they make excellent hardware, and I own a couple of iPods myself. But c'mon, their computers are overpriced and overrated. Everyone knows this. And the company itself is made up of a bunch of assholes.

/rant

They are the religion of technology is what i have concluded

Quote by jimmyled

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper

GO SENS GO
Quote by zippidyduda
False. Vista sucks for EVERYONE, and is nearly unusable for people that are particularly bad with computers.

Bullshit. I had Vista until May this year and I personally like it. Your opinion doesn't speak for the entire world.
Twitter: ScottWotton
Tumblr: ScottWotton
YouTube: ScottWotton

3DS FC: 5043-1553-4655
Friend Safari: Rock type with Boldore, Pupitar and Barbaracle.

Wants his username as ScottWotton. >.>
Quote by HerrTraumlich
I would wait to get windows 8, windows 7 isn't as good as vista in my opinion

The fuck is wrong with you?

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by zippidyduda

why talk about something you have no idea about?

Vista had driver problems because hardware manufacturers wanted to use old xp shitty drivers. Due to this, computers and hardware ran like shit, it wasnt until good drivers came out that fixed it, if you were lucky to get hardware from the release of vista with good supported drivers, it ran perfectly.

MS started a system that they themselves have to approve drivers in order for it to be a supported windows product, this vista problem shouldnt occur again if this system works as planned.

Quote by jimmyled

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper

GO SENS GO
Quote by Vampire 255
Bullshit. I had Vista until May this year and I personally like it. Your opinion doesn't speak for the entire world.

Actually, it's not an opinion. It's an objective fact. Vista software a HUGE resource hog and it is riddled with security holes, glitches, and other problematic pieces of code that is evidence of a company that clearly pushed out software that wasn't ready for consumers. It's been universally criticized by computer engineers and consumers alike.

Microsoft DID, however, finally get its act together and they released what they should have released instead of Vista-- Windows 7, which is a pretty solid OS. Basically, it's Vista minus everything that was wrong with Vista.

If you didn't have problems with it, then you got pretty lucky, because plenty of other computer-savvy people did.

TS, get 7. I have the sneaking suspicion that 8 is gonna be a steaming pile of crap.
WILDCARD, BITCHES!!

Typical Mac Pushers in this thread. God, it's like a religion to them or something.

OT: If you like Vista, then windows 7 is your best bet

EDIT:

Quote by MrWilson6
Okay i quoted my opinion and instantly someone has to 'prove me wrong' feel free to voice your opinion but you dont have to try make me look wrong. Nobody's wrong here it's just opinions and in my experiences macs are just generally better computers.

Oh just a lil pointer it's not apples fault that they like to progress it's a persons fault if they have to keep up with the latest technology and buy a new laptop every year rather than buy one they'll be happy with for a longer time. Anyone who falls for exaggerated advertisement only has themselves to blame.

Oh the irony
Last edited by Lost Dog at Aug 22, 2011,
Quote by SlayingDragons

And yeah, they'll be good until next year when Apple comes out with their next, greatest, perfect product that was supposed to be what you just bought.

Okay i quoted my opinion and instantly someone has to 'prove me wrong' feel free to voice your opinion but you dont have to try make me look wrong. Nobody's wrong here it's just opinions and in my experiences macs are just generally better computers.

Oh just a lil pointer it's not apples fault that they like to progress it's a persons fault if they have to keep up with the latest technology and buy a new laptop every year rather than buy one they'll be happy with for a longer time. Anyone who falls for exaggerated advertisement only has themselves to blame.
Gear!!!!

Fender Lonestar Stratocaster w/ Seymour Duncan pearly Gates!!!
PRS SE Custom 24 Vintage Natural
Gibson Les Paul Signature T Trans Ebony
Engl Screamer 50
Quote by blake1221
That's the thing though, no one treated them like a deity here. That one kid just said "in all honesty I think you should get a mac," and you brought out the big guns. Militant defense on either side of the argument is stupid, because it's their decision with their money to buy whatever the hell they want.

Um... No, I was simply listing a couple things that are wrong with a couple things he said. I listed logical points with substance, in a discussion where a mac was suggested.

And no, he didn't just say that. He went on to state things commonly misconceived as facts, because of advertising. Macs aren't as secure as they're thought to be. I fail to see what's wrong with presenting both sides in a discussion about what TS should get?

Quote by MrWilson6

Meh, I didn't mean to come off as "Prove you wrong," more point out that macs aren't perfect.

And it's the fact that they constantly release a new version of their software for no apparent reason other than for looks and money.
Quote by zippidyduda

If you didn't have problems with it, then you got pretty lucky, because plenty of other computer-savvy people did.

Because computers run on luck and magic.

As a tech savvy user, I know to pray and bow in a daily ritual to the motherboard before I turn the computer on.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Jostry

I have a Windows Vista laptop now. And it's not bad at all. It's really fast. Vista only sucks for people with sucky computers tbh...

Keep Windows Vista.

As punishment.
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
Page 1 of 5