hi i dont know if this is just me but i set out to try a song to learn the full song but i do the intro or the verse or chours and if i struggle i just move on to the next song with out learning it. i was wondering if anyone else has this proplem or if it was just me
Just you. Play the song slower if you have trouble and work your way up to concert speed.
Nothing that is worthwhile in life will ever come easy.
If you're struggling, you need to practice it more. With enough practice, you will stop struggling.

Practice is always the answer.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
thats what im trying its like im haveing proplems with trivium - dying in your arms
sounds typical for me, happens with me, but i don't think it's a problem. Just select one very special song, and give it a listen a couple of times to figure out if that's a challenge you can take. The more you like the song, the more likely you will repeat playing it.

Other tips:
- Play along the song
- Check jam tracks for guitar for that song, this way it's far more enjoyable

Cheers

-Jex
yeah i suppose but then agien i listen to something and think yeah thats easy but then i look at the tab and find out its hard and it just pushes me away i suppose..
Quote by guitar6661
yeah i suppose but then agien i listen to something and think yeah thats easy but then i look at the tab and find out its hard and it just pushes me away i suppose..

If you're not up for a challenge, I can't recommend the pursuit of music. May I suggest thumb-twiddling? See the sig for more details.
Nothing that is worthwhile in life will ever come easy.
aww good point mate. i will just have to make it my goal to stick to a song and fhinsh it..
thanks XD
Quote by guitar6661
hi i dont know if this is just me but i set out to try a song to learn the full song but i do the intro or the verse or chours and if i struggle i just move on to the next song with out learning it. i was wondering if anyone else has this proplem or if it was just me

lots and lots of people have this problem.

solution... stop doing it. learn some full songs! memorize, play, & enjoy.
shred is gaudy music
Practice, Practice, Practice.

Oh, and practice.

If your having trouble with a certain part, practice that part. over and over and over.
Understand nothing, in order to learn everything.

Quote by liampje
I can write a coherent tune ... But 3/4? I play rock, not polka.
Quote by guitar6661

if it's to hard even after a while of practice you can learn some slightly easyer songs first.
also check if you are learning from a well written tab.
You have to struggle in order to become good. Lots of people do not like to struggle which is why they cannot do what you want to do. Just keep trying to figure out whatever you are trying to do. If it doesn't sound right then it is not right, if you have to convince yourself if the part is correct then it is wrong. You will know when it sounds right trust me. Also, use tabs very carefully because MANY of them are wrong. Try playing what you think the part is and keep trying. If you cannot figure it out and it keeps sounding wrong try to find a good source for how it is really played and you will start to train your ear as to why you were wrong. An excellent website is songster . com . It is a pretty accurate site that shows you how to play various songs. just use it as HELP though.
exerllant thanks so much mate ill have a look at that site thanks for the help XD
I do it all the time... Im a pretty new player, and there are simply times I dont want to learn or muscle through something, I just want to play a song in my head and jam on it. If I cant get the tab right away or the chord progression there is a good change I will move right on. Depends on my mood
he of tranquil mind
You could start writing your own songs, especially if you're getting frustrated learning other people's.
The best way is playing with a metronome slowly increasing the tempo until you reach the level of the song, make sure you keep the muscles in your hands relaxed and keep the motion of your fingers smooth.
Quote by hb15577
The best way is playing with a metronome slowly increasing the tempo until you reach the level of the song, make sure you keep the muscles in your hands relaxed and keep the motion of your fingers smooth.

great advice. As a newer player when I struggle my first instinct is to bare down more, which is the last thing I need to do. Relaxing is key. Focus on hitting the notes while expending as little movement and pressure as possible. SLOOOOOW it down for a tough chord or riff transition giving you hard time.
he of tranquil mind
Quote by Jehannum
You could start writing your own songs, especially if you're getting frustrated learning other people's.

i have attemptted writting my own stuff but the chrods just sound boring and flat