I've just changed my strings on my strat, 0.009 - 0.010. It was almost the same but when I was going to play the One solo by metallica: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsnt2k7JMPs I couldn't manage to tap it like I did before. It was really easy with the 0.009s but the 0.010 was something completely different when it comes to tapping.

I guess I have to build strength in my tapping finger?
Am I right?
Suggestions?
It will be different, you will need more strength in your fingers if you've switched to heavier strings.

Also, did you check the guitar was still set up properly after change the string gauge? It will affect the tremelo (if you have one) and the truss rod may also need adjusting.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Whenever you get thicker string gauges, you'll likely have to build strength and new muscle memory to play like you did before. It is the price we have to pay for a slightly thicker tone unfortunately
or try light top/heavy bottom strings to keep the 9's/10's on the top three strings
Try a compressor.
Quote by Lespauljames
what the hell would a compressor do?

It sill level out signal when the TS is tapping.......and you can Boost your signal with a compressor to make his tapping stand out.