Page 1 of 2
So my phone quit working and I'm going to need to buy a new one probably tomorrow and I was thinking the iPhone 4 because I like apple, but I heard the 5 will be out soon. I know there isn't a release date but what features will the 5 have over the 4? Thanks and Godbless.
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
Probably some minor hardware update and a new feature you'll grow tired of in a month. But it'll be "revolutionizing the smartphone industry" no doubt.

Get the HTC Sensation. It's awesome.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Does it matter? If your current phone has broken and you need a phone tomorrow, you can't afford to wait for the iPhone 5 anyway.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
wait till the new iphone comes out. itll be here in at least a month. then the price of the iphone 4 will drop. i dont know how different itll be from the 4th gen but i doubt anything big
Quote by Kensai
Probably some minor hardware update and a new feature you'll grow tired of in a month. But it'll be "revolutionizing the smartphone industry" no doubt.

Get the HTC Sensation. It's awesome.

Why is Kensai turning into an Androidfag

On topic, just wait for the iPhone 5. Probably won't have anything substantial added but it'll be the latest at the same price, so why sell yourself short?

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Don't limit yourself to iOS. Look around at other phones too.
Twitter: ScottWotton
Tumblr: ScottWotton
YouTube: ScottWotton

3DS FC: 5043-1553-4655
Friend Safari: Rock type with Boldore, Pupitar and Barbaracle.

Wants his username as ScottWotton. >.>
September or October,

likely dual-core, maybe a bigger screen, thats probably about it..
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
On topic, just wait for the iPhone 5. Probably won't have anything substantial added but it'll be the latest at the same price, so why sell yourself short?

wait till the new iphone comes out. itll be here in at least a month. then the price of the iphone 4 will drop. i dont know how different itll be from the 4th gen but i doubt anything big

He needs a new phone now - why would he wait for a phone which may or may not be released in a month's time? He's going to buy one tomorrow. The iPhone 5 won't be there tomorrow, so it doesn't matter what it does or doesn't do.

It's just a phone. You use it to call people. Having the letter 'i' at the start of it's name and a number at the end of it's name doesn't make it better than any other phone, it just makes it more expensive because it claims to have lots of extra features which you don't actually need.
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Whatever the iPhone 5 will have it probably won't be as INNOVATIVE or REVOLUTIONARY as they want it to be. They're one step behind Android this time and I like it this way. In short, I would say iPhone 5 will just be another phone in the bunch.
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

Quote by hminh87
Whatever the iPhone 5 will have it probably won't be as INNOVATIVE or REVOLUTIONARY as they want it to be. They're one step behind Android this time and I like it this way. In short, I would say iPhone 5 will just be another phone in the bunch.

one step behind both android and wp7

every update in ios5 had previously been in either of those 2 platforms

Quote by jimmyled

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper

GO SENS GO
Quote by GaryBillington
He needs a new phone now - why would he wait for a phone which may or may not be released in a month's time? He's going to buy one tomorrow. The iPhone 5 won't be there tomorrow, so it doesn't matter what it does or doesn't do.

It's just a phone. You use it to call people. Having the letter 'i' at the start of it's name and a number at the end of it's name doesn't make it better than any other phone, it just makes it more expensive because it claims to have lots of extra features which you don't actually need.

Well he didn't say he needed it right now, just that his current one broke.

Spot on about everything else though. Smartphones are stupid.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by JimmyBanks6
one step behind both android and wp7

every update in ios5 had previously been in either of those 2 platforms

iMessage is also a BBM ripoff.

Quote by Xiaoxi
Well he didn't say he needed it right now, just that his current one broke.

He did say he's probably getting it tomorrow.....
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
ITT: People who don't utilize smartphones properly hate on smartphones.

Just get the iPhone 4 if you want a smartphone and you need one right away. You'll be able to upgrade to iOS5 when it releases anyway.
i got my iPhone 3G 2 and a half years ago for £150 brand new. amazing deal, works great til today, not giving it up until it breaks.
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
Before deciding on an iPhone, I'd give the other OS's a try. My favorite's Android, but as others have said check out Windows too. I have a Motorola Atrix 4G, and I love it. There's so much you can customize compared to the other OS's.

Quote by GaryBillington

He's contemplating it which lead me to believe he can wait. I was just givin my opinion on it. If TS needs a phone now then sure just get the iPhone 4
Quote by Xiaoxi
Why is Kensai turning into an Androidfag

Androidfag? Wtf is this sh*t?

Get the HTC, my dad went from an iPhone to the Sensation and says there's just no comparison between the two, the HTC is so much better
Hi! I'm Andrew, and when I have a bubble in my throat I sound like Alan Rickman!

I have the BEST Jizz Face on UG!

My YouTube Channel (slowmotion stuff!): www.youtube.com/wannabeguitarlegend
Quote by SaintsofNowhere
Before deciding on an iPhone, I'd give the other OS's a try. My favorite's Android, but as others have said check out Windows too. I have a Motorola Atrix 4G, and I love it. There's so much you can customize compared to the other OS's.

I have the Atrix as well, and after comparing it with my friend's iPhone I'm not regretting my choice for an instant.

The only way to make a decision is to try all the OS's in person. I probably would have just gotten an iPhone if I hadn't had the opportunity to test out the Android first.
i have an iphone and i wish i had an android. Get the samsung galaxy or something.
Quote by edge11
yeah im not at gc dude, i dont live there.

||=(|''''|''''|''''|''''|)>-----
Check out Samsung Galaxy S2, my friend got it and it's so ****ing slick. I still have my original galaxy s for a few more years, and I'm totally fine with that.
Quote by Dirge Humani
If you have a 3G you can jailbreak it and load android onto it >_>

http://www.pcworld.com/article/195789/android_now_running_on_iphone_3g.html

from the picture that looks like android eclair.

i wouldnt bother unless it is froyo or gingerbread, and the dev community is active.

Quote by jimmyled

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper

GO SENS GO
Quote by Erik_Aero
Check out Samsung Galaxy S2, my friend got it and it's so ****ing slick. I still have my original galaxy s for a few more years, and I'm totally fine with that.

This.

Quote by JimmyBanks6
from the picture that looks like android eclair.

i wouldnt bother unless it is froyo or gingerbread, and the dev community is active.

Isn't Ice-cream Sandwich coming out soon though?

Quote by Vampire 255
This.

Isn't Ice-cream Sandwich coming out soon though?

If it follows the 1 year plan as they stated previously, it will be in November, yes, but the nice thing of android is you root your phone and install the OS you want, i wouldnt let a new OS being released hold you back unless you plan on buying a really unpopular android device that wont have any dev community, or unless you want a Nexus

Quote by jimmyled

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper

GO SENS GO
iPhone 5 will be released early October. It will likely have the A5 chip, be thinner, faster, have a different shape, perhaps better camera. Other features we can only speculate on.
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

Quote by fearofthemark
iPhone 5 will be released early October. It will likely have the A5 chip, be thinner, faster, have a different shape, perhaps better camera. Other features we can only speculate on.

Possibly have a bigger screen too. The iPhone 4 is a 3.5in screen isn't it? While some of the newer Android phones are 4.3in screens.

Quote by fearofthemark

Well, none of that is confirmed, but it's got to the point that if Apple don't deliver the above at the very minimum then they will have effectively failed in keeping up with Android and will loose a significant number of sales to HTC, Samsung, Motorola ect.

If the different shape is what MacRumors came up with then I'll be giving the iPhone 5 a miss and getting a droid. TS, if you can't wait for the iPhone 5 then go with a droid, because if you get the iPhone 4 you will be on out of date tech for the next 18 months at least. With the current rate of development with iOS and Android, you will almost certainly regret an iPhone 4 very quickly once this falls releases are out of the way.

Just my 2 cents.
Quote by Vampire 255
Possibly have a bigger screen too. The iPhone 4 is a 3.5in screen isn't it? While some of the newer Android phones are 4.3in screens.

Yes, the screen might go all the way from one end of the phone to the other, with almost no side bezel, but it's not going to be 4.3in.
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

Quote by fearofthemark
Yes, the screen might go all the way from one end of the phone to the other, with almost no side bezel, but it's not going to be 4.3in.

Yeah, I'd expect maybe a 4in screen max.

Quote by fearofthemark

dont blindly listen to everything gizmodo says

they had some artist impressions of the new ip5 a while back, and they were hideous, no way steve jobs would have approved them.

Quote by jimmyled

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper

GO SENS GO
Quote by JimmyBanks6
dont blindly listen to everything gizmodo says

they had some artist impressions of the new ip5 a while back, and they were hideous, no way steve jobs would have approved them.

Steve Jobs knows they'd sell either way though.

As for sound quality -- out of the box -- LG's phone for a sensible price pawns iPhone. If you want to be "cool", go get your apple. I have a 3GS and it's horrible, I have sent in and got a new one three times now. All because the headphone jack fucked up. The feel of the screen is great though, but the LG's one is a slight more responsive.

Macs are worse though, 1200$ laptop with Intel HD Graphics, while my 800$ laptop has HD6770M, the former running Minecraft on 10 FPS, the latter running Dragon Age 2 at 50.
Quote by GisleAune
Macs are worse though, 1200$ laptop with Intel HD Graphics, while my 800$ laptop has HD6770M, the former running Minecraft on 10 FPS, the latter running Dragon Age 2 at 50.

jailbroken iphone > rooted android. I own both so I'm not bias. Both good, though. and anyone with an iphone that isnt jailbroken is just a hipsterfag

BB is just pure fail on every level.
Quote by s31770
jailbroken iphone > rooted android. I own both so I'm not bias. Both good, though. and anyone with an iphone that isnt jailbroken is just a hipsterfag

BB is just pure fail on every level.

the last time i jailbroke my 3G it took me 30 seconds to load the ****ing settings. that's without any extra cydia packages, too. used to be great.
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
Page 1 of 2