Hello everyone.

I've been looking around for a 24 fret guitar to use as my second guitar. I own a Epi Les Paul at the moment, and would like something more shreddy for when I'm in the mood.

Someone suggested me a Cort X-6, cheap price and has plenty of features. Online reviews tell me it's decent, but I'm not so sure. What can you guys tell me?

If you can give me other suggestions (300€ max please), I prefer something with the lines of an explorer or a flying V, a superstrat will do to, but I'd like wild lines, I don't necessarily want a tremolo (actually, I'd prefer one with a tunomatic) and I want high output pups if at all possible, with either coil tapping or single coils. And a sound as bright as possible, because my Les Paul will take care of the meaty ones

Thanks a lot in advance.

P.S.: I play and try to play everything and anything, but I want something to play dream theater.
• '10 Epiphone Les Paul
• '96 Epiphone Rebel EM-1
• '10 Jackson JS32T Rhoads
• Vox Valvetronix VT20+
• Fame GTA40
• Zoom GX7.1u
• Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
• Jim Dunlop Ultex Jazz III 2mm
Thanks katalyzt13.

Anyway, problem solved. Got meself an old and beaten Epiphone EM-2 Rebel, will need to rebuild it from scratch, including new paintjob. Will make a new thread in the appropriate forum.
• '10 Epiphone Les Paul
• Vox Valvetronix VT20+
• Fame GTA40
• Zoom GX7.1u
• Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
i own the x6 vpr and you should definitely have gone with it. it feels and plays like a guitar more than twice its cost. it truly is a great budget guitar. cort manufactures a large number of parts for ibanez anyways. its pretty much the same stuff without the name

you definitely should consider cort next time your gonna get a new guitar like that. it is extremely underrated and an amazing company
Quote by andrerist
i own the x6 vpr and you should definitely have gone with it. it feels and plays like a guitar more than twice its cost. it truly is a great budget guitar. cort manufactures a large number of parts for ibanez anyways. its pretty much the same stuff without the name

That was not my worry.

How long have you had the Viper? It's an awesome looking guitar, no doubt, and I've heard one and it sounds pretty decent, but what will happen to it after two or three years? Have you had any neck bending? Wood chipping?

Also, got the EM-2 for 0€.
• '10 Epiphone Les Paul
• Vox Valvetronix VT20+
• Fame GTA40
• Zoom GX7.1u
• Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Last edited by Tiago Sa at Aug 24, 2011,
I owned it for about 3 months then had the resell it for a new amp, it is going to be back on my stand in a couple weeks because I'm buying it back. my guitar teacher owns several cort's as well as the vpr and he just keeps buying them. he loves his cort guitars as much as he does his several thousand dollar custom ibanez guitars. if I'm not mistaken, cort makes the necks for ibanez. and as with any guitar, there is going to be a little bit of bowing of the neck over time. nonetheless it is an amazing guitars and from the people i know that own them as well as myself, i've never heard of anyone having any sort of issues with them