I think it may have hindered my progression in lead guitar. I've become very used to economy picking, but i feel that by learning alternate picking it would make my economy picking even better. What's good with this?
I started with economy too, without even knowing what it was. I then switched to alternate and I feel it more comfortable.
Quote by Poglia
I started with economy too, without even knowing what it was. I then switched to alternate and I feel it more comfortable.

Same thing with me. I thank God for switching to alternate.
Quote by YouTube user
Hey it's Alek from Chillin in Bodom and ears a lick for bitch who can't play dicks.

Quote by Zeletros
Think of them as totally different techniques.

Because they actually are.

I disagree, from my point of view economy picking is an extension of alternate picking; if you can actually economy pick really well then alternate picking should already be taken care of. Sometimes of course you may want to switch to one or other on purpose for tone and so on but really you can't actually economy pick to a really high standard without having solid alternate picking technique.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.